- The most effective way to support asylees is to donate money to trusted, reputable, voluntary or charitable organizations.
- The needs of asylees will change throughout the humanitarian relief process. Cash is the fastest way to assist, because it offers voluntary agencies the most flexibility to address developing needs.
- Monetary donations allow voluntary agencies to purchase large quantities of bulk items, and the flexibility to purchase culturally or religiously appropriate clothing, in the sizes and quantities that are needed.
Donation Items Needed
Please note, only NEW donation items will be accepted at this time. Please ship NEW items from your preferred vendor to the following address:
1025 South Main Street
Rochelle, IL 61068
Please do not drop off items at any other locations for asylee support efforts including shelters or hotels.
*List subject to change based on supply and demand. Please check this website regularly for the most up to date info.
New cold weather clothing:
- Winter coats (men, women small, medium, large)
- Winter boots (women 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Winter boots (men 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
- Winter hats sizes small, medium, large
- Winter gloves or mittens sizes small, medium, large
New clothing for adults (including cold weather clothing)
Men's sizes small, medium, and large - in particular medium
Women's sizes small, medium, and large - in particular medium
- Men's underwear
- Women's underwear
- Women's sports bras
- Long sleeve shirts (men, women, unisex)
- Sweatshirts/sweaters (men, women, unisex)
- Sweatpants (men, women, unisex)
- Pants or jeans (men and women)
- Socks (men, women, unisex)
Women Shoes (closed toe gym shoes) (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Men Shoes (closed toe gym shoes) (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
- New hygiene kit items (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo)
- Feminine hygiene products (sanitary pads and pantyliners)
- Reusable bags (e.g., duffle bags and suitcases)
- Baby carriers
- Aquaphor/diaper ointment
- Baby wipes
- Nail clippers
- Pack n' plays
- Razors and shaving cream
- Ventra cards
If you wish to volunteer to assist with the Illinois' efforts in supporting new arrivals, please complete the volunteer registration below. You will be contacted via email to request additional information.