The General Assembly is having a hearing on EEOPD task force recommendations this Tuesday February 6th at 2:30pm in the Stratton Building in Springfield. You are welcome to attend in person or listen in online.
See the January 2018 FINAL EEOPD Recommendations Report (pdf)
The EEOPD Taskforce was established in 2009 via Legislation (PA 96-368). It includes10 Designated State Agencies: Governor's Office, Education (ISBE, CCO, IBHE), DCEO, Health and Human Services, Divisions of: Vocational Rehabilitation, Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health, DD Council, IDES, Veterans Affairs.
15 Public Members (at least 5 who have a disability) serve on the Taskforce. This diverse stakeholder group is comprised of representatives from the following sectors:
- Statewide disability organizations
- Agency with expertise in assistive technology devices
- Advocates for veterans with disabilities,
- Centers for independent living & disability services providers,
- Organized labor
- Higher education,
- Private sector business community,
- Entities that provide employment and training services to persons with disabilities.
Several workgroups exist within the EEOPD Taskforce. The workgroups, which support action steps aligned with the Employment First Strategic plan are: Provider, Transitions, Employer Engagement, Legislation and Workforce Development.
EEOPD meetings are open to the public and occur in Springfield and Chicago once a quarter. Official members of the Taskforce must be appointed. To learn more about the appointment process please go to the appointments website: https://www.illinois.gov/sites/bac/Pages/default.aspx
If an individual needs an accommodation in order to participate in an EEOPD meeting, please contact Martha Younger-White at Martha.Younger-White@Illinois.gov , 312-793-1565 (phone), or 888-614-2385 (TTY). Please make your request at least 14 calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting.
The EEOPD has several priorities including: Reform of existing employment systems via implementation of Employment First, addressing subminimum wage, housing and transportation. Recent EEOPD activities include:
- Draft Strategic Plan
- Due December 31, 2015 (submitted)
- Final Strategic Plan
- Due June 30, 2015 (Still in process)
- Draft Plans submitted for public comment May 2016-August 2016
- Over 200 comments submitted
- Workgroups reviewing/incorporating comments into final draft
- Task Force meeting September 26, 2016 to review/finalize
Next Steps -
- Harmonize areas across 4 work group plans
- Work with State Agencies for Implementation