August 9, 2017 - Child Care Payment Update

Phone Line = (217) 524-9041

You have reached the IDHS Child Care payment information line. Today is August 9th. Please listen to this message completely, there are some updates on payment processing. This message will be updated again August 14th, or sooner if new information becomes available.


For child care payments, some days IDHS will only be able to approve payments to home providers and some days only center payments will be approved. On occasion, IDHS is able to approve both Home and Center provider payments. However, these adjustments do not affect the overall timeliness of provider payments. Recently, IDHS has approved many payments for Home Providers and Center Providers that were for a service month other than July 2017. On August 9th, IDHS should approve MOST Home Provider and Center Provider payments entered up to August 7th for service months other than July 2017. IDHS always notes MOST on the approval of payments because some payments get held up for individual technical issues that require manual processing. Payments for July 2017 services are the first payments to be paid out of fiscal year 2018 funds. When this happens, IDHS has to make some technical adjustments and run testing to make sure everything will process correctly for the new fiscal year. Unfortunately, some testing is still being worked on. Once testing is completed, IDHS will be able to start approving the payments for July 2017. At this time we cannot confirm when approvals of payments will begin. We are hoping approval can start late this week, or early next week. We will update this message when we know when approval of those payments will begin.

The IDHS web site that used to allow providers to view payments is currently not operational. Providers can still hear information on the entry and approval of payments on the IDHS 800 number which is: 1-800-804-3833. Licensed providers must enter the IVR case number to hear information on their payments. Please refer to the most recent child care certificate or other child care case information for the IVR number. Also, providers paid by direct deposit can get detailed information of issued payments via the internet, by signing up for The Office of the Comptroller Enhanced Remittance screens. To sign up, providers need to log on to the Office of the Comptroller web site of: Go to the Vendors section and click on, "Click Here To Access or Register For Enhanced Vendor Remittance." Then click Register and complete the registration. After completing the registration, an e-mail will be sent to allow the provider to create a passcode and view detail of payments.

To view issued payments without specific payment information, you can visit:

On the home page, options should come up:

  • Click on Vendors
  • Enter provider VENDOR TIN (SS# or FEIN)
  • Next enter the VENDOR NAME (name as listed with The Office of the Comptroller. Businesses need to use the legal name as Comptroller has them listed)
  • Select the security image noted
  • Click: Submit
  • Click: Payment Detail
  • Click: Find Warrant (the most recent issued payment will be listed at the top of the next page)

For issued payments: MOST payments are issued one to three working days after being approved by IDHS. Payments are issued at night, paper checks are mailed the next working day. Direct deposit payments and debit card payments are in accounts two working days after being issued. Weekends and holidays are not working days.

New Debit Cards

Normally, funds are on the debit card two working days after the payment is issued. However, it may be late on the second day after the issue date before the funds reach your account. For providers that are paid through the debit card, if you have trouble with your card, or need a new card, you need to call the card company customer service line at: 1-866-338-2944. To speak with a customer service representative at the card company, do not enter your card number when the message asks for it. Press the # sign when mentioned. Then when instructed press option 4 for lost, stolen, or damaged card. Next you will be instructed to enter your social security number, zip code, and PIN Number. Only put in your social security number and zip code. After entering those two things, a representative should come on the line.

For child care case specific questions, or if you have a payment that was returned undeliverable, or if you have not received a payment that was issued over 20 days ago, you need to contact your Child Care Resource and Referral Office for assistance.

Thank You