Scope of Service
Provider will create capacity for CST (Community Support Team) services by hiring staff as negotiated with the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Provider will hire staff to ensure CST services are available to clients transitioning from Institutions for Mental Disease/Nursing Facilities (IMD/NFs) into the community.
Each provider will be required to submit to the DHS/DMH Contract Manager for approval a plan to create CST staff positions which includes:
- Number of positions to create
- Proposal to recruit or transfer staff to serve on the CRT
- Time line for hiring qualified staff
- Mechanism to train staff according to CRT policy of implementation.
- CRT staffing reviews will be completed within two weeks of case assignment.
- Financial Report in accordance with Exhibit C.
- Performance Report in accordance with Exhibit E.
Payment will be issued in one lump sum at the beginning of the contract period and reconciled on the basis of reported allowable expenses per the Grant Funds Recovery Act [30 ILCS 705/7 and 8].
The Provider shall report quarterly allowable grant expenses on the appropriate DMH reporting template to the DMH program contact no later than November 1, February 1, May 1, and August 1, and reported expenses should be consistent with the submitted annual grant budget. If any budget variances are noted, the DMH program contact may request that the provider submit a revised grant budget before subsequent monthly payments will be made. DMH program contacts and reporting templates can be found in the Provider section of the DHS website.
The Provider shall report monthly performance on the appropriate DMH reporting template to the DMH program contact no later than the 15th day of the month following the reporting period. DMH program contacts and reporting templates can be found in the Provider section of the DHS website.
The following are included in the reporting template:
- The number of positions created is sufficient to meet expectations of need to staff and serve on the Clinical Review Team; posted within 20 business days after the contract award or within two weeks after the position is vacated.
- The agency actively recruits and maintains qualified mental health professionals, QMHP and licensed clinicians to serve on the CRT.
- The agency ensures that qualified clinicians are clinically competent and culturally competent are hired within a reasonable time frame to start service delivery.
- The agency ensures that all staff hired are thoroughly oriented and trained according to DMH policy for CST implementation.
- CST case reviews are completed and submitted to DMH within two weeks from the original assignment date.
- 100% of positions created will be posted for hire within 20 business days of the contract award or within two weeks after the position is vacated.
- 100% of staff who have offers to hire will meet credentials to serve on the CRT.
- 100% of staff serving on the CRT will be clinically and culturally competent to immediately start service delivery.
- 100% of staff will receive agency orientation and training on CST expectations and service delivery within two weeks from the hire or transfer date and trained according to DMH policy for CST implementation
- 100% of CST case reviews will be completed and returned to DMH within two weeks of assignment.