Scope of Service
Providers will create and maintain capacity for Community Conditional Release Program for consumers discharged from DMH hospitals with a consideration of regional proximity between the provider and discharging hospitals. Providers agree to safely transition conditionally released consumers to community settings with the goal of decreasing readmission or recidivism and unnecessary lengths of stay at the most intensive level of care, the State Operated Hospital (SOH).
- The provider will operate a Community Conditional Release Program (CCRP) for a minimum average census of three conditionally released, Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI), consumers in a recovery oriented community program. This program will provide for successful reentry into civilian life for consumers, movement toward optimal independent living and assistance in decreasing readmission or recidivism.
- The provider will establish and operate a CCRP that complies with the DMH Conditional Release Program Policy Manual that addresses the special needs of conditionally released consumers including practices that address Axis I, Axis II and substance related disorders.
- The provider will hire a master's degree trained, mental health licensed clinician, a recovery support specialist who will become a Certified Recovery Support Specialist within twelve months of hire, and an employment specialist who will function in fidelity to the DHS DRS/DMH Individual Placement and Support (IPS) program.
- The provider will work closely with DMH SOHs in proximity to their regional location to identify potential program participants, collaborate on discharge planning, establish consumer pre-discharge site visits and collaborate on program operations which improve risk management activity and increase successful reintegration by the selected consumers. This will include on-site visits at the DMH SOH by provider staff for collaborative discharge planning, meetings with potential program participants and any necessary administrative meetings to review and improve program operations.
- The provider's CCRP staff will participate in training sessions provided by DMH including cognitive behavioral approaches, e.g. moral recognition therapy, court reporting, supportive employment (IPS).
- The provider will make available placements within its existing residential capacity to consumers entering this program.
- The provider will arrange for all mental health, substance abuse and employment services as necessary as indicated in the Order of Conditional Release.
- The provider will submit 60-day progress reports to the court and to DMH for conditionally released consumers and provide immediate notification to DMH of critical events that may necessitate emergency inpatient care, law enforcement contact, or revocation of conditional release.
- The provider agrees to attend administrative meetings with DMH on a quarterly basis, at a minimum, to address system operations and to modify, as needed, program policies or practices.
- Financial Report in accordance with Exhibit C.
- Performance Report in accordance with Exhibit E.
Payment will be issued monthly and reconciled on the basis of reported allowable expenses per the Grant Funds Recovery Act [30ILCS 705/7 and 8].
The Provider shall report quarterly allowable grant expenses on the appropriate DMH reporting template to the DMH program contact no later than November 1, February 1, May 1, and August 1, and reported expenses should be consistent with the submitted annual grant budget. If any budget variances are noted, the DMH program contact may request that the provider submit a revised grant budget before subsequent monthly payments will be made. DMH program contacts and reporting templates can be found in the Provider section of the DHS website.
The Provider shall report quarterly performance on the appropriate DMH reporting template to the DMH program contact no later than November 1, February 1, May 1, and August 1. DMH program contacts and reporting templates can be found in the Provider section of the DHS website.
The following are included in the reporting template:
- Average number of conditionally released, NGRI consumers in provider's community conditional release program.
- Number of full-time equivalent staff employed with required credentials:
- Master's degree trained, mental health licensed clinician.
- Recovery support specialist actively working on certification.
- Certified recovery support specialist.
- Employment specialist.
- Number of consumers with a written plan that addresses all conditions of release within 30 days of entry into program.
- Number of staff who have completed DMH training including cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Percentage of total number of consumers released to this program who were provided access to residential opportunities.
- Percentage of critical events reported to DMH within 24 hours of their occurrence.
- Percentage of consumers in provider's community conditional release program who received all mental health, substance abuse, and employment services as necessary as indicated in the Order of Conditional Release.
- Percentage of standard progress reports submitted to the courts and DMH within 60 days of release.
- Percentage of special progress reports submitted as requested by DMH or by a Judge by requested date.
- Percentage of DMH administrative quarterly and as needed program monitoring meetings attended by provider staff.
- Average of three clients in provider's community conditional release program within 120 days of contract start date.
- 100% of specified staff will be hired within 90 days of contract start-up.
- 100% of consumers will have a written plan that addresses all conditions of release within 30 days of entry into program.
- 100% of program staff will complete DMH start-up training as scheduled and provided by DMH.
- 100% of consumers released to this program will have access to existing residential capacity as needed.
- 100% of critical events will be reported to DMH within 24 hours of their occurrence.
- 100% of consumers in provider's community conditional release program receive all mental health, substance abuse, and employment services as necessary as indicated in the Order of Conditional Release.
- 100% of standard progress reports to the courts and DMH submitted within 60 days of release.
- 100% of special progress reports submitted as requested by DMH or by a Judge by requested date.
- 100% participation in program monitoring meetings with DMH on a quarterly basis and as needed.