PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CORRECTION:
The dates for the Chicago training were listed correctly in the email, but were incorrect on the actual registration form. The form has been corrected. Please re-send this notice to your contacts. If you have already registered for the training in Chicago, please either re-send a new registration form, or contact Brenda Cunningham by email to confirm that you still wish to register with the correct dates. THANK YOU for your understanding with this oversight!
The Department of Human Services/Division of Mental Health is hosting Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) Competency Training. This training is offered as three one-day trainings that are conducted over the course of three months. Registration forms for all three sites (Mt. Vernon, Springfield & Chicago) are attached.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Participants need to attend all three days in the same site (Mt. Vernon, Springfield or Chicago). However, participants can attend the three days in whichever site is most convenient. Please complete and submit the registration form for the site where you wish to attend the training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Individuals who have the CRSS credential and wish to increase their skills
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CRSS credential
- Supervisors of CRSS and other staff in peer roles
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND PRACTICE:
- How to see the person first and what matters to them most (Advocacy)
- Utilizing a wellness-focused approach to recovery (Professional Responsibility)
- Making judgments without being judgmental (Mentoring)
- Implementing the S.P.I.R.I.T. of motivational interviewing (Recovery Support)
- How to apply ethics related to our job duties, confidentiality & boundaries (Ethics)
- How to apply for and maintain the CRSS credential (CRSS Requirements)
DATES & LOCATIONS:
Mt. Vernon: June 14, July 12, August 16
Springfield: June 21, July 19, August 23
Chicago: June 28, July 26, August 30