Dear Community Providers:
The Division of Mental Health received information regarding a new initiative with funding available through SAMHSA for services to children affected by trauma, and would like to share with our providers who may be qualified to pursue this funding. Details are below, and further information can be obtained from SAMHSA at the following link: http://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/grants/pdf/sm-16-008.pdf
National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative (NCTSI) - Category II, Treatment and Service Adaptation (TSA) Centers
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS), is accepting applications for fiscal year (FY) 2016 National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative (NCTSI) - Category II, Treatment and Service Adaptation (TSA) Centers grants. The purpose of the Category II, TSA Centers is to provide national expertise for specific types of traumatic events, population groups and service systems, and support the specialized adaptation of effective evidence-based treatment and service approaches for communities across the nation.
Areas of Trauma Focus - Select only one trauma area from the bulleted lists.
- Child Abuse/Child Protective Services and Child Welfare Settings
- Community Violence
- Juvenile Justice, Courts, and Law Enforcement
- Domestic/Interpersonal Violence
- Injuries and Medical Problems/Health Care Settings/Integrated Care
- Refugee Displacement and War Zone Trauma/Refugee Health and Resettlement Agencies
- Trauma in School Populations/Schools
- Complex Trauma/Residential Treatment Settings and Shelters and Juvenile Justice Detention Centers
- Disaster and Terrorism Victimization/First Responders and Emergency Response System
- Higher Education: Trauma Informed Workforce Development for Educational Programs Supporting Dissemination of the NCTSN Core Concepts Curriculum.
Anticipated Total Available Funding: $15,000,000
Anticipated Number of Awards: Up to 25
Anticipated Award Amount: Up to $600,000
Length of Project: Up to 5 years
Cost Sharing/Match Required?: No
Proposed budgets cannot exceed $600,000 in total costs (direct and indirect) in any year of the proposed project. Annual continuation awards will depend on the availability of funds, grantee progress in meeting project goals and objectives