What is OIG Rule 50.30(f)?
Rule 50, Section 50.30(f), mandates that each agency/facility initiate the preliminary steps of an investigation by a designated employee who is trained in the OIG-approved methods to gather evidence and documents. These preliminary steps of the investigation include:
- securing the scene,
- collecting and preserving physical evidence,
- separating witnesses and taking statements,
- securing documents, and
- taking applicable photographs.
In order to take the 50.30(f) training, the requesting staff must have approval of the their agency/facility OIG Liaison or Executive Director and already completed Rule 50. Also, the requesting staff will not have had a substantiated finding in the previous three years and is not currently under investigation by OIG.
Instructions to Register
- Download and complete the 50.30(f) Request form (pdf), and email the form to DHS.OIG.Training@Illinois.gov.
- OIG will send the 50.30(f) training materials and a link to the online test.
Requirements to Complete
- Complete the presentation and understand the 50.30(f) requirements.
- Pass the 50.30(f) test with a grade of 70% or higher at the end of the test. Passing this test will allow the employee to complete the important 50.30(f) responsibilities.
- If the a passing grade is not attained, OIG will send the requesting staff a second test. The test is completed manually and returned via email to DHS.OIG.Training@Illinois.gov.
- If the requesting employee does not pass the second test, they will not be approved to complete the 50.30(f) responsibilities.