February 10, 2016 - Child Care Payment Update

Here is the latest information from the IDHS Child Care Information line (217)524-9041. This message will be updated again around February 17th, or sooner if something changes. NOTES: The last week of January, The Office of the Comptroller mailed 1099 Miscellaneous Forms to all non-Corporation providers that earned $600 dollars or more in calendar year 2015. If you have not received the 1099, contact your Child Care Resource and Referral Office for more instructions. Also, February 12th and February 15th are State Holidays. State offices will be closed and no processing will take place on those days. However, many Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) office will be open those days to assist you with questions.

Fiscal Year 2016 Budget

At this time a budget for the Child Care Assistance Program has not been approved for the fiscal year that began July 1st. However, a court decree authorized payments to individual home child care providers who provide services in either their home, or the home of the child, and are not part of a Child Care Home Network. Also, in August, SB2042 HAM#3 was signed into law (P.A. 99-0409). The act includes several federal appropriations to support IDHS programs which allowed the department to begin also issuing payments to center providers and home network providers.


With the new bill being passed, most payments are being approved for payment by IDHS. However, some adjustments have been made. Some days IDHS will only be able to approve payments to home providers and some days only center payments will be approved. Recently, IDHS has been able to approve many payments for Home Providers. On February 10th, IDHS approve some payments for Home Providers entered up to February 8th. On February 11th, IDHS plans to switch to approving Center Provider payments for a few days.

To follow the approval of payments via the internet, you can generally see approved payments at: www.dhs.state.il.us

  • Go to tab: FOR PROVIDERS
  • Click on: Payments
  • Click on: Provider Payment Inquiry
  • Enter: SS# or FEIN
  • Click on: Submit

*After clicking submit, the most recent approved payment will appear at the top of the next page. Look for the CVR Date column. The CVR Date is the approved date of the payment. There is also an Issue Date column. The correct issue date will appear two working days after the payment was issued by The Office of the Comptroller.

For issued payments: At this time, MOST payments are issuing again at a normal rate of one to three working days after being approved by IDHS. Payments are issued at night, paper checks are mailed the next working days. Direct deposit payments and debit card payments are in accounts two working days after being issued. Weekends and holidays are not working days.

To view issued payments, go to: illinoiscomptroller.gov

On the home page, options should come up: Home, Leslie Geissler Munger, New, VENDORS, Agencies, Services, Contact Us

  • Click on Vendors (If the options don't come up, click on white box with three blue lines on right side)
  • Provider then enter their VENDOR TIN (SS# or FEIN)
  • Next enter the VENDOR NAME (name as listed with The Office of the Comptroller. Businesses need to use the legal name as Comptroller has them listed)
  • Click on the boxes near the bottom of the next few pages. The last box should be submit.

New Debit Cards

Normally, funds are on the debit card two working days after the payment is issued. However, it may be late on the second day after the issue date before the funds reach your account. For providers that are paid through the debit card, if you have trouble with your card, or need a new card, you need to call the card company customer service line at: 1-866-338-2944. To speak with a customer service representative at the card company, do not enter your card number when the message asks for it. Press the # sign when mentioned. Then when instructed press option 4 for lost, stolen, or damaged card. Next you will be instructed to enter your social security number, zip code, and your PIN Number. Only put in your social security number and zip code. After entering those two things, a representative should come on the line.

To find out when your payment was entered and approved, you usually can use 800-804-3833. Licensed providers must enter the IVR case number to hear information on their payments. Please refer to the most recent child care certificate or other child care case information for the IVR number.

For child care case specific questions, or if you have a payment that was returned undeliverable, or if you have not received a payment that was issued over 20 days ago, you need to contact your Child Care Resource and Referral Office for assistance.

Thank You