ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
Information Due Date: February 26, 2016.
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) would like to thank your organization in advance for reviewing this Request for Information (RFI) and assisting the State of Illinois (State) in this effort.
The purpose of this RFI is for the IDHS to ascertain from companies that offer Telemedicine and Tele-psychiatry expertise what services and coverage they can offer to the State of Illinois. The IDHS has a Division of Mental Health (DMH) which includes inpatient and residential state operated facilities and outpatient providers certified by the Division of Mental Health. (See list of Hospital and Facility locations below.) IDHS needs Telemedicine and Tele-psychiatry services to support our inpatient hospital and residential care as well as some support for selected community providers that provide outpatient services to specific populations of individuals. IDHS wants to be able to contact companies for information on the cost, experience, and availability of Telemedicine and Tele-psychiatry that is needed by IDHS.
Following are parameters for services that IDHS may need in DMH inpatient, residential, and outpatient settings:
- Telemedicine and Tele-psychiatry coverage for inpatients at 3 to 4 DMH hospital sites serving forensic and civil populations. Projected service needs: 100 inpatients
- Telemedicine and Tele-psychiatry coverage for residents of our Sexually Violent Person's Program/Treatment and Detention Facility which may include residents conditionally released and receiving intensive community supervision and treatment. Projected service needs: 25 to 50 residents
- Telemedicine and Tele-psychiatry coverage for up to 17 outpatient providers that provide community wrap around services for individuals placed from nursing homes into the community. Projected service needs will be determined. These providers service over 1400 individuals in the community. A portion of them would need monthly psychiatric medication management assessments.
- Tele-psychiatry coverage to support providers that receive discharge referrals from DMH hospitals. These services would help assure continuation of psychiatric care patients discharged from DMH hospitals. Projected service needs will be determined but the population is expected to be up to 2000 discharged patients each year receiving psychiatric medication management assessments.
- Tele-psychiatry coverage for selected outpatient providers working with court ordered forensic clients. Projected service needs will be determined but the population is expected to be up to 200 individuals a year receiving monthly psychiatric medication management assessments.
These parameters may change given the priority needs of IDHS. IDHS encourages Vendors responding to this RFI to keep their information current and up-to-date in order that IDHS has the most accurate information as to the availability of medical staffing options.
Responses to this RFI shall include the following:
- Contact information for your organization (i.e., name, address, contact person, phone number and email).
- Specific details, including the person's name and experience, regarding staffing services and positions your company can offer IDHS. Please include the criteria/protocol that your organization uses for selecting the physicians who would do the Tele-psychiatry, along with what peer review processes they have in place. (Are the physicians using any evidence based practice models? What assurance of good medical care are they providing?)
- The areas of the State of Illinois where you can provide these services.
- Any specific questions regarding the subject matter of the RFI.*
- Two (2) bound paper copies of your Response, one (1) electronic copy (suitable for emailing) on CD or USB device (flash drive).
Please send all responses and direct all questions regarding the Request for Information to:
Illinois Department of Human Services Procurement Office
401 N. 4th St. Centrum North, 2nd Floor Springfield, IL 62702
Information Due Date: February 26, 2016.
*Only questions emailed to William.Strahle@Illinois.gov will be answered. All questions and answers will be posted as an addendum to the original posting on the DHS Website.
This RFI does not constitute any commitment by the State to follow any particular procurement course of action. This RFI is for informational purposes only and will not result in an award of contract. The purpose of this RFI is to determine what medical staffing services your company can offer IDHS. Failure to respond to the RFI does not preclude subsequent participation in any procurement process that may be developed as a result of this RFI. Any and all information provided in response to this RFI shall be considered to be the exclusive property of the State and will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law. Any information provided in response to this RFI claimed to constitute a trade secret and/or otherwise claimed to be confidential, proprietary and/or privileged (See section 7(1)(g) of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act 5 ILCS 140/7), must be supported at the time of submission by a detailed statement and written justification, or any such claim(s) shall be deemed waived. Please be advised that the State cannot reimburse any expenses that may be associated with responding to this RFI.
List of IDHS Hospitals and SVP Facility That are Priority Service Sites
Alton Mental Health Center
4500 College Ave. Alton, IL 62002
Chester Mental Health Center
1315 Lehman Dr. Chester, IL 62233
Choate Mental Health Center & Developmental Center
1000 North Main Street Anna, IL 62906
McFarland Mental Health Center
901 Southwind Rd. Springfield, IL 62703
Treatment and Detention Facility (TDF)
1680 E. County Farm Rd. Rushville, IL 62681