2015 CRSS COMPETENCY TRAINING - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
The Department of Human Services/Division of Mental Health will be hosting three equivalent training opportunities throughout Illinois. Registration is REQUIRED. The training is FREE. However, due to budgetary constraints, there will be no scholarships or mileage reimbursement available, and lunch is on your own.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- CRSS professionals who wish to increase their skills
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CRSS credential
- Supervisors of peer specialists and other CRSS staff
- Counselors and social workers who are interested in learning more about the CRSS profession
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND PRACTICE:
- How to practice safe and healthy disclosure about your own experiences (standards 1-2)
- How to maintain high standards of personal conduct and also conduct self-care in a manner that fosters your own recovery (standards 3 & 6)
- How to fairly and accurately represent yourself and your capabilities (standards 4-5)
- How to avoid relationships or commitments that conflict with the interests of individuals you serve, impair professional judgment, imply a conflict of interest, or create risk of harm to individuals you serve (standards 12-13)
- Seven steps to ethical decision making
SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & REGISTRATION FORMS FOR EACH SITE!
CRSS Ethics Training-Registration-Chicago (pdf)
CRSS Ethics Training-Registration-Mt Vernon (pdf)
CRSS Ethics Training-Registration-Springfield (pdf)