RECOVERY & EMPOWERMENT STATEWIDE CALL
Please plan to join on April 23, 2015 for our first Recovery
& Empowerment Statewide Call for 2015! Our theme this year will be "Sharing the Power in 2015!" These educational forums place an emphasis on sharing successful tools and strategies for wellness. This month's focus is "The Power of Relating to Others!"
Individuals are welcome to dial in from a personal phone or from home. However, if dialing in from an agency or other organization, to help reduce the cost, please gather and dial-in together. Remember to provide the moderator with your name, the agency you are representing (if applicable), and the number of persons listening in from your location.
ABOUT THIS MONTH'S CALL:
- DATE: April 23, 2015
- TIME: 10:00am - 11:30am [Note: Please dial in no earlier than 9:45am, per audio-conferencing regulations]
- TOPIC: The Power of Relating to Others!
- OBJECTIVES: Participants will learn: the importance of positive support in the recovery process; how to balance healthy transparency and healthy boundaries; tools for maintaining wellness when those around are not; tips for knowing when and how to self-advocate for ourselves and others vs. when and how to accept the circumstances and/or other people's behavior.
- DIAL-IN NUMBER: 1-866-233-3845
- ACCESS CODE: (None Required)
- MEETING TITLE: Recovery & Empowerment Statewide Call SPEAKERS: Pat Lindquist, Cindy Mayhew & Jennifer
- You will be on hold with music until the host opens the conference call. If you have any questions or require additional assistance, please press "0" from your phone during the audio conference.
- As a courtesy to others and to improve sound quality, please mute your phone when not speaking.
The following materials for the 4/23/15 Call are attached:
- The Power of Relating to Others
(PowerPoint slides in pdf document - 6 slides to a page)
- Handout: What Should I Look for in a Boyfriend/Girlfriend
- Evaluation Form
- Sign-In Sheet
- CEU Information
- 2015 Statewide Call Flyer
- ABOUT RECOVERY & EMPOWERMENT CALLS:
Note: These calls have been held monthly since 2007, and were formerly known as "consumer education and support statewide call-ins."
For all persons living with mental health conditions and receiving mental health services, this call is for you! The call contains specific information relative to consumers of mental health services. This call is uniquely and specifically designed to provide education and support for all individuals participating in publicly funded mental health services in Illinois.
ABOUT STAFF PARTICIPATION:
Staff are welcome to listen in as well. However, the primary purpose of the call is to ensure that individuals participating in services have an opportunity to receive information, ask questions, and provide input.