VStone and Citrix installation tutorial (pdf)
Logging into Vstone System
This section provides information about logging into the Vstone system. Vstone operates from an online CITRIX Access Gateway. To access, the user will need internet connection and access to an internet browser.
Launch Internet Explorer and navigate to the following URL https://cs.dhs.illinois.gov. The CITRIX Access Gateway Login screen will display.
Compatibility View Settings
If only a blank screen appears, the user will need to add Illinois.gov to the Compatibility View Settings in the Internet Explorer Tools.
1. If you do not see the TOOLS tab, you can hold down the 'Alt' key and press the 'T' key. The Tools pop-up window will display. Press the 'B' key.
2. The Compatibility View Settings window will display with 'illinois.gov' entered in the "Add this website:" text box. (If the text box is empty, type in 'illinois.gov'.)
3. Click the Add button. Illinois.gov will be added to the user Compatibility view.
4. Click the Close button. The CITRIX Access Gateway Login screen will now display.
CITRIX Access Gateway
To access the CITRIX Access Gateway, go to https://cs.dhs.illinois.gov. The CITRIX main login screen will display.
- Enter the user's User name (The User name will be 'first.last').
- Enter the user's Password.
- Click Log On. The system will display the main-page.
Install CITRIX XenApp
If this is the first time a user is accessing CITRIX, they will be required to install the CITRIX XenApp. The user will only need to install the application once. The system will take the user directly to the main CITRIX application screen anytime the user logs in after the installation.
- Click the check-box under the Install button stating you agree with the License Agreement.
- Click the Install button. A pop-up box will display at the bottom of the screen prompting the user to Run or Save the ICA Web Wrapper.
3. Click the Run button. Windows will begin configuring the online plug-in. The configuration may take up to a minute complete.
Internet Explorer Security
1. An Internet Explorer Security pop-up box will also prompt the user to confirm running the Citrix System's add-on. Click the check-box at the bottom of the pop-up to
tell Internet Explorer to not display this program warning again.
2. Click the Allow button. The system will take the user to the main CITRIX application screen.
The CITRIX Main-page will allow the user to access the Cornerstone system.
- Select the Vstone icon. (The icon will display the clinic number that the user is associated with.)
- Multi-site users will see multiple Vstone icons. User will need to be sure they select the correct site icon to insure they are logging into the proper location.
The Cornerstone main-page will display.
Citrix Receiver - Security Warning
The user may encounter a Citrix Receiver - Security Warning.
- Click the check-box at the bottom of the pop-up to tell CITRIX to not display this warning again.
- Click the Permit use button.
Flagged as Logged-In
If the user attempts to log in and the system notices that the user's ID is still flagged as currently logged in, a pop-up window will display. The pop-up window contains a list of reasons why this situation may have occurred. In order to access the Cornerstone system, the user will be required to select the appropriate reason from the list. The user must try to log into the same machine that was used when the problem occurred. If the user attempts to log into a different machine, an error message will display.
- Select the reason for logging in again from the list:
- Bad News Message.
- Workstation Locked Up.
- Rebooted While in Cornerstone.
- Power Outage.
- User not Present to Logout.
- Press Enter. The system will reset the user's ID and continue with the login process.
Press Esc to close the system without making a selection. Please note this step is not recommended. It is best to select a reason and continue back into
Cornerstone and then exit properly.
In order to log out of the Cornerstone system, the user must return to the main menu screen.
- Select F3, Return to return to the main menu screen.
- Click Exit on the main-menu bar. The Cornerstone system will close.
3. You will return to the Citrix Home Page. To logoff of Citrix, select the LOGOFF button.