*The following process is no longer current and has been replaced by the IMPACT enrollment. When the Manuals are updated they will reflect this change.
Read Carefully - Healthcare & Family Services (HFS) will return incomplete or inaccurate documents. You will be notified by email to correct errors on your application. When correcting errors, you must resubmit entire enrollment application packet.
- First Blank Line: Enter the legal name of the agency, company or professional. The legal name must be the same as on the provider enrollment application and W-9.
- Second Blank Line: Enter the FEIN or SSN. The FEIN or SSN must be the same as on the provider enrollment application and W-9.
- Third Blank Line: Always enter "DHS Division of Developmental Disabilities."
- Fourth Blank Line: Always enter "DD Medicaid Waivers."
- Carefully read paragraphs one through 13 of the agreement .
- In paragraph 15, if applicable, print legibly or type in the name, SSN and percentage of ownership for the provider. This is not required if the provider is an individual.
- Right after paragraph 18, there is a blank space in the paragraph that says "This agreement becomes effective." Enter the first day of the month in which services were provided or will be provided.If no date is entered, DHS will enter the month that the application was received. This could cause billing rejection for services provided prior to this date.
- Do not enter any information into the box entitled "FOR STATE AGENCY USE ONLY."
Note: You must include a copy of the Waiver Program Provider Agreement HFS 1413a form with EACH Provider Enrollment Application HFS 2243.
Any enrollment in the Illinois Medical Assistance Waiver Program requires the HFS 1413a, HFS 2243 and the W-9. All information must be typed or printed and must be legible. To ensure prompt payment, this enrollment form, in addition to HFS 2243 and the W-9, must be completed and submitted before any services billed by the provider will be reimbursed by the Illinois State Comptroller.
Note: A new HFS Form 1413A must be completed when a change of ownership, legal name, Federal Taxpayer/Employer Identification Number (FEIN), or Social Security Number (SSN) occurs.
Please Email or fax the completed enrollment application packet to:
Department of Human Services
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Medicaid Waiver Enrollment
319 E. Madison Street, Suite 3M
Fax: (217) 558-2799