Volume VIII, Issue IV - July 2014

From: Theodora Binion, Director
Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse

Community Services Agreement Information

The Illinois Department of Human Services/Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (DASA) providers must enter information into the Community Services Agreement (CSA) even if they are "Budget Exempt."

From the Community Services Agreement Fiscal Year 2015 / 3 24 14:

"6.1. Exemptions. Fee-for-Service payments are exempt from the budget provisions of this ARTICLE VI. Unless notified in the Exhibits or the Program Attachment to this Agreement, Fixed-Rate payments are exempt from the budget provisions of this ARTICLE VI."

From the DHS Website FAQ for FY 2015 Budgeting:

Q: What if I am exempt from completing a budget -- Must I still submit something?

A: Yes. You may have an agreement that is exempt from budgeting, but yes, you still have to enter information into the CSA system.


When you enter your contract number information into the CSA, it should automatically populate with some information. You need to review the information and correct/update, as necessary. Providers MUST have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number. This may be new for some people. Others may not realize that the DUNS number has to be renewed.


Once you log into the CSA system, click on the tab that says "Provider Info" and complete that information (there are only a few questions). Then click on the tab that says "Budgets" and click the "Add Budget" button. Once you enter the Fiscal Year (2015), Form Type (CFR), and answer the question about standard weekly hours (usually 40 for most organizations), then click the Save button. After you save, look for the button that says "Submit For Approval" and click it. This process is used for tracking submission compliance.