Communications Alert: Recovery & Empowerment Statewide Call Series
Regional and Contract Managers: Please distribute as soon as possible. Thanks, Jackie
The Division of Mental Health Recovery Services Development Group (RSDG) is pleased to announce the theme and topics for the 2014 Recovery & Empowerment Statewide Call Series: "Recovery in Motion."
These educational calls for persons receiving mental health services and their supporters have been held monthly since 2007. Formerly known as "consumer education & support statewide calls," they have been growing in momentum in the mental health recovery community, with an average attendance of nearly 500 participants per month during 2013. The RSDG felt it was appropriate to reflect this growth and evolution by selecting a new name for the annual series, which is now called the Recovery & Empowerment Statewide Call Series.
The RSDG would like to thank all those who submitted topic ideas and suggestions. The dates and topics for the calls are listed below and can also be found on the attached flyer. An announcement will be sent via Communication Alert three weeks prior to each Call, including the dial-in number and all associated handouts. We look forward to your participation in next year's educational series!
- January 23: "Moving on Up"
- February 27: "Growing New Mindsets"
- March 27: "Rolling with the Changes in Healthcare"
- April 24: "Unlocking Our Potential"
- May 22: "Sowing the Seeds of Self Compassion"
- June 26: "Uniting the Forces of Mental Health and Substance Disorders"
- July 24: "Stepping Up to the Plate"
- August 28: "Sculpting Our Relationships"
- September 25: "Exploring Our Future"
- October 23: "Forgiving Ourselves & Others"
Also, we have recently added the FY 14 Communication Alerts to the Division of Mental Health website for anyone to reference. We will continue to do this as we send alerts out. Here is the link to share with your providers: https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=67903