- Assessing the quality of mental health treatment services provided in community mental health agencies. Through an Outcomes Analysis System developed by DMH, DMH continues to utilize the online data based system to monitor treatment progress and individual child and adolescent outcomes. The web-based database system (DAT-STAT) allows not only the tracking of treatment responses by individual client and allows provider agencies to track clinical outcomes per clinical provider, per clinical service, per region, gender, ethnicity, and EBP (Evidenced-based Provider Certified).
- Outcomes Instruments
- CIS-Columbia Impairment Scale Youth
- CIS-Columbia Impairment Scale Youth-Spanish
- CIS-Columbia Impairment Scale Parent
- CIS-Columbia Impairment Scale Parent-Spanish
- Ohio Scales (Youth ages 5-18)
- Goal Attainment Scale (GAS) (tracking of child specific treatment goals)
- DECA-Devereux Early Childhood Assessments (ages 0-5)
- PracticeWise website offers innovative tools and services to help clinicians and organizations improve the quality of health care for children and adolescents." The Datstat Practicewise link will provide access to the following three elements of Practice Wise.
- Practitioner Guides: PracticeWise has developed a set of treatment materials that summarize the most common elements of evidence-based treatments for youth. Each practice and process is summarized in a convenient handout format to guide therapists in performing the main steps.
- MATCH-ADTC is a bold redesign of evidence-based treatment of childhood anxiety, depression, trauma, and conduct problems. Extensively tested in community mental health settings as part of the Child STEPs clinical trials, this innovative system is the ultimate practitioner's toolbox: a wealth of well-organized resources that can be deftly adapted for a diverse array of children and problems. The program combines 33 procedures-drawn from the most successful evidence-based treatments-into a single, flexible system. Comprehensive flowcharts guide the process of care, streamlining treatment to fit the child's needs while fostering individualization to address co-morbidity or therapeutic roadblocks. The system provides clear step-by-step instructions, activities, example scripts, time-saving tips, monitoring forms, and easy-to-read explanatory handouts and worksheets for children and their caregivers.
- The PracticeWise database includes hundreds of randomized clinical trials of treatments for children's mental health problems, making it the most comprehensive dynamic decision-support tool available for reviewing the evidence base in children's mental health. Using this online searchable database, professionals can access summaries of the best and most current scientific research, and results can be customized to match an individual child's characteristics. The database currently covers research in the areas of childhood anxiety, attentional problems, autistic spectrum, depression, disruptive behavior, eating, elimination, mania, substance use, suicidality, and traumatic stress disorders.
For further information please email DHS.DMHBusinessAnalytics@illinois.gov with subject "DAT-STAT".
(Webinar video Coming Soon)