Use this wizard to search for a provider to view provider information. Always perform a provider search before adding a new provider record to CCMS. You can also access this page as a pop-up window by clicking the icon next to the Provider Name field on any CCMS page. The Provider Search pop-up window appears.
Search for a Provider - Process Steps:
- Scroll to the Provider Search section of the page:
- Select the radio button next to the fields: Starts With, Soundex, or Exact. This field only applies to the Last Name field.
- Starts With: is a search based on a partial criteria entry. Example, the first two letters of a first name. If you choose this, you will need to enter two letters of the last name and the first letter of the first name.
- Exact Search: a search based on the exact spelling of the client's name.
- Soundex Search: a search based on the sound of the client's name. Soundex searches can be used so that matches can be found despite minor differences in spelling. A Soundex search uses only consonants to conduct a search. A vowel will not be used in the search unless it is the first letter of the entry.
- Enter at least one of the following search fields:
- SSN/FEIN: The Social Security Number or Federal Employee Identification Number field
- Type of Provider: Select the Type of Provider from the drop-down menu
- Last Name: The last name of the provider (has to be used with the First Name field)
- First Name: The first name of the provider (has to be used with the Last Name field)
- Doing Business As: The non-legal name the provider uses to conduct business
- Service Address, City, State, and Zip Code: This is the address and zip code for any address associated with the provider
- RIN: The provider's Recipient Identification Number
- Provider #: Unique identifier of the provider.
- Click [Search] to begin the provider search. You can also click [Reset] to cancel the search and reset all fields on the page.
- Results of the provider search display in the Providers section of the page. Review the results to determine if the desired provider displays.
- Information in the Providers section of the page displays below:
||This is the unique identifier for the provider, that is auto-generated by CCMS when the new provider is created.
||The name of the provider's file (First and Last Name or Corporate Name documented on the Add and Update Provider page).
||This is the name the provider is "Doing Business As" documented on the Add/Update Provider page.
||This is the service address the provider documented on the Add/Update Provider page.
||Provider's Recipient Identification Number assigned by the Department of Human Services when the provider record was created.
|Type of Provider
||This is the type of provider that is select on the Add/Update Provider page.
||The Social Security Number of Federal Employee Identification Number associated with the provider.
||This is the current status of provider. Options include: Approved, Pending, Denied, or Cancelled.
||The Status of the W9 form. Options include: Pending or Received.
- If the desired provider record does not display, you can click [Add] to create a new provider record.
Results of the Procedure:
You are now able to search for a provider in CCMS.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Service Address the provider's home or mailing address?
- The Service Address can be used to search for any address associated with the provider.