Use this wizard to search for a case to display case information. When processing a new application, it is extremely important to conduct a search for every person listed on the application. This will help you avoid creating duplicate cases.
- Scroll to the Case Search section of the page.
- Optional: Select the checkbox next to Search by CDB or Search by COPA to include the CDB (Client Database) and/or COPA (City of Chicago) in the search results.
- Select the radio button next to the fields: Starts With, Soundex, or Exact. This field only applies to the Last Name field.
- Starts With: is a search based on a partial criteria entry. Requirements for this search are two letters of the last name and either one letter of the first name, SSN, Case #, or DOB.
- Exact Search: a search based on the exact spelling of the client's last name.
- Soundex Search: a search based on the sound of the client's last name. Soundex searches can be used so that matches can be found despite minor differences in spelling. A Soundex search uses only consonants to conduct a search. A vowel will not be used in the search unless it is the first letter of the entry.
- Enter at least one of the following search fields:
- Last Name: The last name of the client
- First Name: The first name of the client
- SSN: The Social Security Number of the client
- Case #: This is the current CCMS Case number
- Case Name: The case Head of Household's first and last name
- RIN: The Recipient Identification Number for the client
- Caseload: The Caseload associated with each CCR&R and Site location (2-4 digits)
- DOB: The Date of Birth of the client
- County: The County of residence for the client
- Zip Code: This is the zip code for the either the client's home or mailing address
- From Date and To Date: The dates between which the status of the case last changed. (Example: If the case changed from Pending to Approved on 8/23/2011 the status date is 8/23/2011.) Complete by clicking the calendar icon and then the selecting the correct date.
- Status: The current status of the application (Approved, Cancelled, Denied, Pending, Deleted)
- Provider: The field allows you to search and select the provider associated with the case
- If you do not know the name of the provider, click the icon next to Provider. The Provider Search pop-up window appears. You can Conduct a Provider Search and the selected provider name displays in the field.
- Click [Search] to begin the case search. You can also click [Reset] to cancel the search and reset all fields on the page.
- If you need to access IPACS, click [IPACS] link to access the database. IPACS is an acronym for Illinois Public Assistance Communications System which is used to inquire about client and child support information; with access via a Video Display Terminal. It is also made up of several sub-systems for inquiry.
- Results of the case search display in the Search Results section of the page. Review the results to determine if the desired case displays.
- When conducting a case search, if you select the checkbox next to Search by CDB or Search by COPA, CCMS will also search the Client Database or City of Chicago database to determine if the client is on an existing CDB or City of Chicago case and receiving benefits. You can view the Source column to determine if the case is a CCMS, CDB, City of Chicago case.
- Source Column Definitions:
- CCMS: If CCMS displays in the source column, the case is on an existing child care case in CCMS and is overseen by a Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) agency, Site, or the Bureau of Child Care & Development (BCCD).
- CDB: If the client exists in the Client Database (TANF, Medicaid, SNAP cases) and has a client record, it displays in the search results.
- COPA: If the client exists in the City of Chicago database and has an existing child care case, this case displays in the database. Use the City of Chicago wizard to find additional information.
- You can click on the Caseload hyperlink to display a list of CCR&R and Site names and phone numbers. These can be used to contact appreciate locations and caseworkers regarding a case.
- Select the Case # link to display case information in the purple header located at the top of the page. This means you are in the "context" of that case, and you can view/update case information using the Left Navigation menu.
- To take action on the case, select the checkbox in the Select column next to the case and click one of the following buttons:
|Click [Create Case] if you are conducting a case search for the clients on a new Child Care application and determine a new case should be created. This button will only activate after a case search has been completed.
|Create Shared Case
|Click [Create Shared Case] if you are conducting a case search for the clients on a new Child Care application and determine a new case shared should be created. Refer to the Shared Case Job Aid for additional information on shared cases.
|Modify Shared Case
|Click [Modify Shared Case] if you are conducting a case search for clients currently on a shared case, and need to remove the "Shared Case" status. Refer to the Shared Case Job Aid for additional information on a shared case.
|Select at least two checkboxes then click the [Link] button in order to link cases. Cases that may be linked include CDB's, RPY and Teen Parents. When you link cases, a drop-down list of the cases displays in the purple header. You can then use the drop-down list to toggle between the two linked cases.
|Only users with certain roles are able to delete a case. Approved cases can be deleted. When a case is deleted the fields for the case become inactive and users can view the case, but cannot edit any case information.
|Only users with certain roles are able to reactivate a case which has previously been deleted. There are no time limitations to the reactivate status feature.
Results of the Procedure:
The desired case displays in the Search Results section of the page and you can take action on the case if desired.