Pre-conception / Inter-conception Care
Training Curriculum 2
At the completion of a period of training, providers of preconception care will be able to:
- Assist client to develop a reproductive life plan.
- Increase public awareness of the importance of preconception health.
- Provide risk assessment, and health promotion counseling to women of child bearing age.
- Provide interventions for identified risks.
- Provide interventions to women who have had a previous pregnancy that ended in an adverse outcome.
- Provide pre-pregnancy check-up to couples planning a pregnancy.
- Increase awareness regarding the necessity of Health Insurance Coverage for women with low income
- Integrate components of preconception health into existing local public health programs
- Increase evidence based practice, and use of the evidence to improve preconception health.
- Develop measurable outcomes, and evaluate them to determine program effectiveness.