What is it?
Adult Waiver participants are eligible for additional occupational, physical and speech therapy services of a habilitative - not a restorative - nature. These services require prior approval. Each of the therapies must be recommended, in writing, by the individual service planning team. The team must document the individual's specific therapy needs and services to be provided by a licensed professional. These therapies should be long-term, working with the individual, family members, support workers and others, not short-term, acute restorative needs.
Note: Clinics and Group Practices may enroll in to be the billing provider for the therapist. The enrollment type to select when enrolling in IMPACT is Group. Clinics and Group Practices are required to have a type 2 - organizational National Provider Identifier. The following documents must be submitted for a Clinic or Group Practice
Department of Human Services
Division of Developmental Disabilities
600 East Ash Street, building 400, Mail Stop 2 South
Springfield, IL 62706
Attention: Provider Enrollment
Who may enroll?
- Speech therapy providers must be licensed speech/language pathologists.
- Occupational therapy providers must be one of the following:
- A licensed occupational therapist.
- A certified occupational therapy assistant under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist enrolled as a Medicaid State Plan Provider and waiver provider. The assistant is not required to enroll in the Medicaid State Plan nor the waiver program. Services are billed by the licensed supervisor.
- Physical therapy providers must be one of the following:
- A licensed physical therapist.
- A licensed physical therapy assistant under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist enrolled as a Medicaid State Plan Provider and waiver provider. The assistant is not required to enroll in the Medicaid State Plan nor the waiver program. Services are billed by the licensed supervisor.
How Do I Become A Provider?
1. You must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
Please see the National Plan and Provider Enumeration website for information on applying for a NPI.
Please see the DHS DDD IMPACT information page for more information about enrolling in IMPACT as a DD waiver provider. Providers
will enroll in IMPACT as Rendering/Servicing providers.
After submitting an IMPACT application, please email Provider Enrollment the IMPACT application ID to ensure that the application is reviewed by a DDD Provider Enrollment specialist.
This form does not need to be submitted to DHS/DDD. The form should be maintained in the records of the agency that is submitting the
billing for the therapy services.
Important Resources for Program Requirements