Change of Address, Income or Assets

Change of Address

If you are currently receiving Cash, SNAP (formerly Food Stamps) or Medical benefits, you can Manage Your Benefits - Online, In Person on by Phone! You can also report a change of address using one of the following options:

If you would like to transfer your case to another office in Illinois, contact the office currently serving your case to request the transfer.

If you moved to another state, we cannot transfer your Cash, SNAP, or Medical case. You must contact your office and request your case be closed. Once your case is closed, you need to apply in the state where you now live.

It may be helpful to also report your change of address to the U. S. Postal Service. Official Change of Address Form - United States Postal Service.

If you would like to register to vote see, Voter Registration/Votar.

Change of Income or Assets

Cash Assistance & Medical Assistance

  • Change Report Line is 1-800-720-4166

    Accepting changes from 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
    Monday through Friday, except state holidays. 

  • Mail or Call your local FCRC. To locate your local FCRC, use the DHS Office Locator.

    Please speak with a representative to leave the information.

SNAP (formerly Food Stamps)

Examples of Change that Require Reporting

If you receive cash or medical assistance, you must report any change that affects your benefits. 

Examples of changes include:

  • a change in income or assets;
  • a change in the number of people living in the house;
  • a change of address; death; or discharge from an LTC or SLF.

The time lines for reporting changes depend on the type of assistance being received. For more information about reporting changes, please see our policy manual.

Note: Long term care (LTC) or Supportive Living facilities (SLF) must also report any change that affects a resident's eligibility.

More Information & Resources