State of Illinois
Department of Human Services
BEPB-Business Enterprise Program for the Blind
The Illinois Department of Human Services' Division of Rehabilitation Services (DHS/DRS) is the state's lead agency serving persons with disabilities. Our staff work one-on-one with individuals who have disabilities and their families to empower them to reach their employment, education, and independent living goals.
The Business Enterprise Program for the Blind (BEPB) offers professional food services including a variety of high-tech vending machines, customized snack stands, cafeteria management and sundries/gift shops. The dedicated men and women of the BEPB are experienced small business owners/managers that believe in providing the highest-level of customer service and products at competitive pricing. Presently, the Illinois BEPB has over 90 successful entrepreneur's operating small businesses offering a variety of services.
Our Products and Services Offered Include...
- Customized coffee machines offering fresh ground coffee, cappuccinos, espressos and hot chocolate.
- Cold beverage machines offer a variety of soda, water, juices, teas, milk, sports drinks and more.
- Fresh cold cut sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit and muffins.
- Candy, chips, cookies, crackers, snack cakes, gum and mints.
Health food snacks such as low fat, low sodium and low carb are available for all of our machines.
The BEPB snack stands are individualized to support your business with such products as hot/cold snacks and beverages, sandwiches, fruit, frozen desserts, candies and specialty items.
- The BEPB managers are trained professionals in all areas of cafeteria management including full on-site management, menu planning, budget development and financial reporting.
- Custom designed sundries/gift shops provide a variety of merchandise and services including newspapers, magazines, greeting cards, balloons, movie rentals, film developing, dry cleaning services, lottery and more.
Office Coffee Service
We offer a variety of gourmet coffee from the very best in coffee house brands. Individually brewed coffee allows for quick and convenient coffee service with maximum taste and flavor.
Benefits to You
- All start up costs associated with equipment, products and structural design are managed by the BEPB program.
- All equipment is tested and managed to provide reliable service.
- A company hosting a vendor is potentially eligible for tax breaks or credits. We have dedicated staff members available to outline specific tax benefit opportunities for you.
- The BEPB can assist with meeting your diversity employment goals.
- BEPB managers have been providing professional, ethical, and reliable food services since 1936. The managers of the BEPB are dedicated to the success of the program and in return have an industry low turn-over rate.
- Every manager in the BEPB has access to a team of Business Consultants responsible for assuring the overall success of the business.
For Vending or Food Service:
Contact the Illinois Department of Human Services' Division of Rehabilitation Services, Business Enterprise Program for the Blind (BEPB).
Business Enterprise Program for the Blind
809 Commercial Avenue
Springfield, IL 62703
1-888-440-8982 ext. 44 (TTY)
Programs, activities and employment opportunities in the Illinois Department of Human Services are open and accessible to any individual or group without regard to age, sex, race, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic origin or religion. The department is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action and reasonable accommodation programs.
DHS 4621 (N-09-09) BEPB Marketing
Printed by the Authority of the State of Illinois.