- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Attendance Requirements
- Upcoming Training Schedule and Registration
- Continuing Education Credits
- Course Materials
- Registration Confirmation
- Registration Cancelation
- Training Canceled or Rescheduled
- Certificate of Attendance
This course is designed to prepare the course coordinators or training staff to conduct a DHS approved Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) training program consisting of a least 40-hours of classroom training.
Attendance does NOT count toward the 40-hours training requirement for new QIDPs or automatically qualify you to be a QIDP Instructor. Participants will be taught:
- QIDP orientation training program components
- agency specific information to incorporate into the training
- program requirements for QIDP orientation training program
- training requirements for QIDPs
The following requirements must be met in order for someone to register for this training:
- DHS-approved agency licensed to provide CILA, DT or Child Group Home services.
- Agency is actively working with its local Independent Service Coordination (ISC) agency to identify potential consumers.
- Agency person who coordinates the QIDP training should attend.
- Attending does not automatically qualify you to be a QIDP Instructor. See Checklist I (pdf) for guidelines.
- Attendance is not required to teach the QIDP curriculum.
Upcoming Training Schedule and Registration
Continuing Education Credits
The course is a 10 hour course. Ten (10) hours of Continuing Education Credits (CEs/CEUs) are being offered for all professional licenses. QIDPs may also apply this training toward the 10 hours annual continuing education credits requirements.
Print the Curriculum Modules, Facilitator Guides, Checklists and Additional Handouts available on the QIDP Curriculum page.
You will receive a registration confirmation at least two days in advance of the class to the email address listed. Training will be held via Webex. Link will be sent with your confirmation.
To cancel your registration, please email DHS.BQMQE@illinois.gov or (217)558-1511
Training Canceled or Rescheduled
The Bureau of Quality Management will notify you by the email listed on your registration at least 24 hours prior to the event should a training need to be canceled or rescheduled.
Certificate of Attendance
Upon completion of the QIDP Course Coordinator training event the IDHS Presenter will provide registrants with a Certificate of Attendance to maintain as documentations of CEs for the training record files.