- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Attendance Requirements
- Upcoming Training Schedule and Registration
- Continuing Education Credits
- Course Materials
- Registration Confirmation
- Registration Cancellation
- Training Canceled or Rescheduled
- Certificate of Attendance
- Contact Information for Assistance
Course is designed for current and new HRC Chairpersons and committee members. Please see details below about preparing for class, dates, time, how to register and cancel, materials needed, continuing education credits (CEs) and Certificate of Attendance.
Participants will be taught:
- what a Human Rights Committee is and its function
- the role and responsibility of the HRC within their agencies
- HRC's role in preventing abuse and neglect
- basic rights and rights protection
- ways to implement strategies to improve HRC efficiency
- ways to recruit and train new HRC members
- ways to protect the rights of individuals with DD
- Each community agency is required to have their HRC Chairperson participate in the HRC Chairperson training if they have not done so in the past.
- A new HRC Chairperson is required to attend this training within three (3) months of assuming the HRC chair position.
Upcoming Training Schedule and Registration
|2024 Dates coming soon
||9:00 am - 3:00 pm
||Links coming soon
Continuing Education Credits
- You must be logged in to WebEx for the entire time of class to receive credit.
- 1 day (6-hour course)
- Six hours of Continuing Education Units are being offered for all professional licenses.
- QIDPs may also apply this training toward the 6 hours of continuing education credits requirement.
The HRC curriculum has been revised.
- HRC Classroom Curriculum - Print/download and have available for class.
- You may also view curriculum by saving to a laptop, flash drive, iPad, etc.
You will receive a registration confirmation and links to join the training at least two days in advance of the class to the email address listed on registration email.
To cancel your registration, please email the Bureau of Quality Management at DHS.BQMQE@illinois.gov or (217) 558-1511.
Training Canceled or Rescheduled
The Bureau of Quality Management will notify you by email listed on registration form submitted to IDHS.
Certificate of Attendance
- Upon completion of the HRC training event the IDHS Presenter will provide registrants with a Certificate of Attendance to maintain as documentation of CEs for the training record files.
- DDD is no longer providing transcripts.
Contact Information for Assistance
If you have any questions about this procedure, please contact:
DHS.BQMQE@illinois.gov or the Bureau of Quality Management at (217) 558-1511.