5/4/2009 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
The DHS Divisions of Mental Health (DMH) and Rehabilitation Services (DRS) are pleased to present:
A Working Life: Practical and Powerful Resources for Supporting the Employment of Persons with Mental Illnesses.
The forum will bring together noted business & commerce, mental health consumer, social service, healthcare, government and academic leaders to address the practical benefits of Evidenced Based Individual Placement Services Supported Employment
(IPS) and "Say it out loud" campaign precepts in facilitating mental health and wellbeing in the workplace in difficult times.
- What are the risks and rewards of hiring job candidates with severe mental illnesses?
- What kind of program is IPS and who runs it?
- What can IPS do for me either as an employer or job seeker?
- What are the silent stressors in the workplace that harm worker productivity?
- What can be done to increase the odds of a productive workforce when it counts the most?
- Is there a proven relationship between gainful employment and recovery?
- Carol L. Adams, Ph.D. Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services
- Patrick W. Corrigan. PsyD, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Robert Drake, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Community and Family Medicine at the Dartmouth Medical School
- Lorrie Jones, PhD, Director of IDHS/Division of Mental Health
- Robert Kilbury, Rh.D. Director IDHS Division of Rehabilitation Services
- Nanette Larson, CRSS, Director, DHS/Division of Mental Health Office of Recovery Support Services (Afternoon Keynote)
- Rick Martinez, MD, Medical Director and Director of Corporate Contributions and Community Relations for Johnson & Johnson (Morning Keynote)
Monday, May 4, 2009 from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
James R Thompson Center Auditorium
100 West Randolph St.
Deadline: April 29, 2009
Cost: $25 Per Person
For Forum and/or CEU registration, consumer scholarship inquiries and other questions contact:
Administrative Assistant, Thresholds
Phone: (773) 572.5138
Join us to ask questions, get answers and share your views!
- The Illinois Department of Human Services
- Divisions of Mental Health and Rehabilitation Services
- The "Say it out loud" Campaign for Mental Health
- Thresholds Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center
- Illinois Co-Occurring Center for Excellence