National Provider Identification (NPI) Is Not On File For The Service Provider
This code applies only to health care, including behavioral health care, providers. See Instructions on how to obtain an NPI on the DHS website.
There are three ways to report the NPI to DHS:
- Write the NPI in the correct field on the Provider Enrollment Application. The form is in the Provider Waiver Manual Appendices.
- Enter the NPI on the NPI Registration Web Page using your Medicaid provider number.
- The identification number for providers is the nine-digit Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (FEIN or SSN) followed by a three-digit extension.
- For the adult waiver, the three-digit extension is usually 100
123456789100 (FEIN/SSN + 100)
- For the children's support waiver, the three-digit extension is usually 400.
For example, 123456789400 (FEIN/SSN + 400)
- For the children's residential waiver, the three-digit extension is usually 700. For example, 123456789700 (FEIN/SSN + 700)
- For non-waiver health care providers or if the above does not work:
- FAX the NPI, together with the provider's name and Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (FEIN) SSN to 1-217-558-2799, or
- Mail the NPI, provider's name and Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (FEIN) or SSN to Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities, 319 East Madison Street, Suite 3M, Springfield, IL, 62701
Return to reject code list page