10/2/2008 8:00 AM - 10/15/2008 5:00 PM
How to Register Online
- Obtain a NetLearning "Participant ID" by emailing or faxing the Training Registration Form (pdf), as instructed on the form. If you have participated in NetLearning events within the past four years and already have a participant ID, skip to #2. DHS employees will use their nine-digit Employee ID number found on their pay warrant.
- Click on the NetLearning link to login. After you login, click on "Enroll in Class", and select the audiology workshop location nearest to you.
- Click "Enroll" next to the class you have selected. Confirmation of your enrollment will pop up.
- To unenroll, use the same process.
Important: You must verify your email address at top of screen, fill in if necessary or not correct. Please click on the link "Email" and fill in your telephone and mailing address so that we may contact you if necessary.
Contact registrar at Gloria.Heggy@illinois.gov or 217-557-7516 with enrollment problems.
This program is provided with support from the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Division of Developmental Disabilities and the Department of Telehealth Networks and Programs at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine.
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Presenters: Suzanne H. Kimball, AuD, CCC-A and Graduate Students from The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders Illinois State University.
Objectives: At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- understand how the auditory mechanism works, the factors that cause hearing loss and how hearing loss is classified.
- identify the various types of hearing aids and how to care for, maintain, and troubleshoot the devices.
- identify the behavioral characteristics of an individual with hearing loss and be able to use the CLEAR SPEECH process to communicate with the hearing impaired.
Audience: This presentation is intended for professionals and administrators, QMRPs, nurses, caregivers, and self-advocates.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This conference has been approved for four (4) CEUs by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Transcripts: can be printed by clicking on NetLearning Student Interface or will be mailed upon request. If you do not have access to NetLearning Student Interface for viewing or printing your transcript record, or you have questions about this process, please contact Gloria Heggy at 217-557-7516 or by email at Gloria.Heggy@illinois.gov
Videoconference Locations in Alphabetical Order are:
- Charleston: Charleston Transitional Facility, 521 7th Street, Charleston, IL 61920-2027
- Dixon: Kreider Services, Inc., 500 Anchor Road, Dixon, IL 61021
- Dwight: Fox Developmental Center, 134 West Main Street, Dwight, IL 60420
- Freeport: Malcom Eaton Enterprises, 570 West Lamm Road, Freeport, IL 61032
- Galesburg: Achievement Unlimited, Inc., 285 South Farnham, Galesburg, IL 61401
- Joliet: Trinity Services, 2505 East Washington Street, Joliet, IL 60433
- Murphysboro: Specialized Training for Adult Rehabilitation, 507 North Street, Murphysboro, IL 62966
- Quincy: Transitions of Western Illinois, 631 North 48th, P.O. Box 3646, Quincy, IL 62301
- Springfield: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 913 North Rutledge, South Entrance, Room 1252, Springfield, IL 62702
- Watseka: Arc of Iroquois County, 700 East Elm Street, Watseka, IL 60970
- Waukegan: Ann M. Kiley Center, 1401 W. Dugdale Road, Waukegan, IL 60085-6263
If you have any questions regarding this videoconference or videoconference sites, please contact Crystal VanDeventer at 217-557-7410.