NSA expenditures involve the process of allocating, documenting and monitoring the distribution of administrative funds to local agencies, including the monitoring of nutrition education costs, and State and local agency direct/indirect costs.
- Funds Allocation - 246.4(a)(13): describe the policies and procedures used to allocate administrative funds to local agencies, including start-up funds, and
conversion of food funds to NSA funds.
- Local Agency Budgets/Expenditure Plans - 246.4(a)(2): describe the policies and procedures for preparing and submitting local agency budgets and expenditure
plans and the services that are entirely supported by WIC Program funds.
- State and Local Agency Access to Funds - 246.4(a)(12): describe the procedures and method(s) of distribution/reimbursement of NSA funds to local
- Reporting and Reviewing of State and Local Agency Expenditures - 246.4(a)(11)(iv) and (12): describe the policies and procedures used to report, monitor and
review State and local agencies' expenditures, including the documentation of staff time, local agency report forms, on-site reviews of local agencies' NSA expenditures, and in-kind contributions.
- Nutrition Education Costs - 246.4(a)(9): describe the plans and procedures used to meet the nutrition education expenditure requirements, including
monitoring activities, local agency reports, and assurances that the special nutrition education needs of migrant farmworkers and their families, Indians, and homeless persons are met.
- Indirect Costs - 246.4(a)(12): describe the policies and procedures used to document and monitor indirect cost rates and services at the State and local