The Illinois Department of Human Services buys everything from food to lawn care to office furniture to consulting services. Since we run social service facilities, maintain office buildings and more, IDHS needs virtually everything consumers and businesses need. So chances are we buy what you sell.
We have recently made many improvements to our procurement process, so doing business with Illinois is now easier than ever.
Register your Business
Let buyers at IDHS know what products/services you offer.
- Register your business on the Illinois Procurement Bulletin.
- Register to receive email alerts whenever the state needs what you sell by selecting codes that apply to your business.
- After registering, you will receive email notification with your username and password asking you to confirm your registration.
- Registering will allow you to download solicitations, addendums and award notices.
Join Programs for Small and Diverse Businesses
- Small Business Set-Aside Program (SBSA)
Promotes access to opportunities for Illinois' small businesses competing with large businesses for state awards and contracts.
- Business Enterprise Program (BEP)
Promotes the economic development of businesses owned by minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
- Veterans Business Program (VBP)
Assists businesses owned by qualified service disable and veteran-owned business gain access to State of Illinois contracting opportunities and participation in the competitive procurement process.
View Contracting Opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
Other Requirements for Business in Illinois
- Department of Human Rights
All vendors (in-state, out-of-state) with fifteen or more employees at any time during the 365-day period immediately preceding the publication of a solicitation in the Illinois Procurement Bulletin, must have a current Public Contract Number from the Department of Human Rights or have proof of having submitted a completed application (IDHR Employers Report Form PC-1) for one prior to public bid opening date.
- Bidder's Application Form (BAF)
Vendors may pre-qualify by completing the BAF form. NOTE: Pre-qualification is not a requirement to do business with the State of Illinois. It does however make agencies aware of what supplies or services you can provide.
- Out of State Vendors
Out-of-State vendors must contact the Illinois Secretary of State regarding a certificate of authority to do business in Illinois.
If you have procurement questions for IDHS please contact the Procurement Office at DHS.ProcurementOffice@Illinois.gov.