Developmental Disability

ISC Transition Information - Effective 7/1/19

How Do I Apply?

The first and most important step you and your family can take to get assistance is to register with the Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS) database.

To register, you must meet with a Pre-Admission Screening (PAS)/Independent Service Coordination Agency (ISC) to see if you are eligible for services. Search the DHS Office Locator for the PAS/ISC agency near you.

What Services May Be Available?

  • Day Services - Skill training or job coaches to help you succeed in the workplace.
  • Disability Determination Services - determines the eligibility of people to receive benefits from Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
  • Early Intervention Services - To help children (ages 0 to 3), with disabilities or delays, to learn and grow. 
  • In-Home Supports - Services and supports that will help people with developmental disability live more independently in their home.
  • Other Supports - may be available if you are already receiving services. 
  • Residential Living Arrangements - Services that are provided in homes with staff available 24 hours per day.
  • Support Service Teams - On site technical assistance and training for persons with a developmental disability.  This service is for persons with the most challenging medical or behavioral concerns.

Contact Us

  • 1-888-337-5267
  • 1-866-376-8446 (TTY)
  • You can find the agency closest to you by using the DHS Office Locator. Next to "County," select your county.  This agency can help you learn more about the DD service system.

More Information