Commodity Supplemental Food Program

Administered by: Bureau of Family Nutrition

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program works to improve the health of low-income Illinois Seniors by supplementing their diets with nutritious foods by receiving regular USDA donated food packages. Participants must be at least 60 years of age and reside in Illinois. Eligible Seniors enrolled in the CSFP food package program will receive a variety of USDA donated commodities that may include cereal, grits, powdered milk, pasta, evaporated milk, cheese, rice, canned meat, peanut butter, canned fruit, canned vegetables, fruit juice, dry beans, and oats.

In addition to receiving food packages, Seniors will be regularly informed with food and nutrition education encouraging the use of CSFP nutritious foods and promoting healthy eating lifestyles.

How to Apply for CSFP

If you are an Illinois Senior 60 years of age or older and would like to apply for CSFP, contact the local CSFP food distribution agency that serves your county below.

Greater Chicago Food Depository

  • 4100 West Ann Lurie Place
  • Chicago, IL 60632
  • Telephone: 773-247-3663
  • Email:
  • Counties served: Cook
  • St. Louis Area Foodbank

  • 70 Corporate Woods Drive
  • Bridgeton, MO 63044-3806
  • Telephone: 314-292-6262
  • Counties served: Calhoun, Clinton, Franklin, Jackson, Jersey, Madison, Monroe, Perry, Randolph, St. Clair, Washington, Williamson.

Tri-State Foodbank

  • 2504 Lynch Road
  • Evansville, IN 47711
  • Telephone: 812-425-0775
  • Counties served: Alexander, Edwards, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Johnson, Lawrence, Massac, Pope, Pulaski, Richland, Saline, Union, Wabash, Wayne, and White.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  • 1. mail:

    U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

    2. fax:

    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

    3. email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.