Appealing a Decision

If your child care assistance (subsidy) is canceled or denied:

  • And you do not understand the reason for the cancellation or denial, please call the Child Care Resource and Referral agency to get further explanation from a supervisor.
  • And you feel that this case was canceled or denied incorrectly, please ask for an appeal form. You will be notified of the appeal date and time once the appeal form is completed and submitted to the Bureau of Assistance Hearings (as specified on the form).
  • During the appeal, you will be given the opportunity to provide testimony and documentation supporting the reason you feel this was an incorrect decision. The hearing officer will determine if the child care policy was correctly applied to your situation.