In-Home Supports

What is the purpose of this service?

Whether you reside with family members or on your own, we can provide services to help you live more independently. Supports may include:

  • Assistance with personal care
  • A personal case manager to ensure you receive the services you need
  • Training and counseling for unpaid family members or guardians who provide support
  • Non-medical transportation
  • Nursing assistance and emergency home response

How do I apply?

  1. The first and most important step you and your family can take to get help is to register with the Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS) database, the waiting list. To register, you must meet with an Independent Service Coordination Agency (ISC) for pre-admission screening to see if you are eligible for services.
  2. Search the DHS Office Locator for the PAS/ISC agency closest to you. Next to "County," select your county. If you are in Cook County, you must select "Cook" and then use your zip code.  The agency that shows can help you learn more about the DD service system.