Apply for Cash Assistance

Types of Cash Assistance Programs

People who need cash assistance may qualify for one of several programs.  Here you will find short descriptions of programs that are available. 

  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program helps pregnant women and families with one or more dependent children with temporary cash and other benefits. TANF can help pay for food, shelter, utilities, and expenses other than medical.
  • Aid to the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (AABD)  helps those who qualify and need cash assistance.
  • Earnfare helps adults who do not have custody of their children and who receive SNAP (formerly Food Stamps.)  They must first work off the value of their SNAP benefits (at minimum wage) and then they can work more hours and earn up to $294 per month.
  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) puts cash back in your pocket and will locate help to file your Income Taxes.

More Information & Resources

Other State Agency Programs