Records are maintained in the Work Requirement Inquiry by person. A record is posted to the Work Requirement Inquiry when a person subject to the work requirement received food stamps and did not meet the work requirement.
Records display for the current 3-year period. The system does not count any issuance done as a TA 11/TAR 02. If it is a
REDE, FCRC staff should update any issuance done as a TA 11/TAR 02 to add to the tracking system.
When regular roll or Mercury benefits (TA 56/TAR 09), (TA 56/TAR 14) are issued, the system reviews the coding in Item 73
and the county of residence to determine if a person who has to meet the work requirement received food stamps and did not meet the requirement. Persons coded as sanctioned in Item 64 or as receiving cash benefits (code 7 in Item 78) are excluded.
When mercury benefits as TA 56/TAR 06 are issued, the system reviews the following items to determine if a person who has to meet the work requirement received food stamps and did not meet the requirement:
- category (must be 08 case);
- code 9 is entered in Item 73; and
- county of residence.
A record is posted to the Work Requirement Inquiry if the coding on the TA 56/TAR 06 issuance indicates that a person who had to meet the work requirement did not meet the work requirement.
Fields on FS Benefits When Work Requirement Not Met Screen:
When FS are issued and a person who has to meet the work requirement is coded as not meeting the work requirement, an A, B, or N appears in this field.
- A -An A indicates a month in which the work requirement was not met and food stamp benefits were issued. Only 3 As will appear in the 3-year period. The months need not be consecutive.
- B -A B entry represents a month that eligibility was regained. The system enters a B after 3 As have been entered and there is a break in postings of at least one month. Once a
B is entered, the following 2 consecutive months of issuances are also tagged B if the work requirement is not met. Only 3 Bs will appear in the 3-year period.
- N -After entry of 3 As and no break in postings, an N is posted. An N is also entered if there are postings in the 3-year period after entry of 3 Bs.
When the Work Requirement Inquiry shows an N posting, the Family Community Resource Center should review the case to determine why benefits were issued after 3 A months or 3 B months.
The following entries appear:
- R -Regular roll issuance
- M -Mercury issuance
- A -Line added by Family Community Resource Center update.
- D -Line deleted by Family Community Resource Center update.
Work Requirements Update System
Use the Work Requirements Update System to add, change or delete records on the FS Benefits When Work Requirements Not Met Screen.
A change in information requires a 2nd party review by a designated FCRC staff member. Only staff designated by the Family Community Resource Center Administrator have access to update the screen.
Adds and Changes
If a month is added to a record by Family Community Resource Center update, an A (add), appears in TYP.
A change can be made in case I.D., City, Zip, ELG, or SSN. If the record is changed by Family Community Resource Center update, a C (change), replaces the entry in TYP.
When a month should not have been posted in the file, the month can be deleted by Family Community Resource Center update. If a delete is processed by Family Community Resource Center update, a D (delete), replaces the entry in TYP. The record remains on the screen, but the line is
highlighted. When deciding if a person received 3 months of benefits when they did not meet the work requirement, do not count months that are highlighted and tagged with a D.
If you process a delete, make sure that entries in the ELG field for months posted after the month you deleted are correct. The system will not change entries in the ELG field that are already posted. Entries tagged with a D do not count when the
system determines what to put in the ELG field of future postings.
Processing Actions to Update the Screen:
- (FCRC) From the Application Selection Screen, select 1, IMSA, and press enter.
- (FCRC) Enter /FOR P3FSUPDT.
- (FCRC) The Work Requirements Update System screen appears. Enter the RIN of the person to be updated and press enter.
- (FCRC) The person's record appears as it appears on the FS Benefits When Work Requirement Not Met Screen in PF13 of the PACIS Menu. At the bottom of the screen, the update information appears:
|-C A S E I.D-
|__ ___ __ ______
- (FCRC) If processing a change or a delete, enter the line number. Enter ADD, CHG, or DEL and the correct information and press enter. The record will be updated.
- (FCRC) To review the update, press enter again and the corrected record appears.