Voided Checks and MediPlan Cards
- (FCRC) Void returned checks by writing VOID in large letters across the front of the check.
- Complete cover memo.
- check, issued by the Comptroller, to:
Office of the State Comptroller
State of Illinois
325 West Adams Street
Springfield, IL 62706
Attn: Adjustment Section
- crisis assistance check (identified by the words "Public Assistance Emergency Revolving Fund" on the top of the check) to:
Bureau of Fiscal Operations
100 South Grand Avenue East
Springfield, IL 62762
Attn: Springfield Warrant Unit
- (FCRC) Complete 3 copies of HFS 1373, Receipt for Returned Warrant/Emergency Check.
- Sign all 3 copies of HFS 1373.
- (FCRC) Distribute HFS 1373:
- original to the person who returned the check,
- attach 2 copies to the voided check and give them to the LOA.
- (LOA) Records receipt of the check on HFS 1405, Warrant and Emergency Check Register.
- (LOA) Initials and dates the 2 duplicate copies of HFS 1373.
- Distributes duplicate copies of HFS 1373:
- one to caseworker for the case record, and
- one for LOA file.
Undeliverable Check or MediPlan Card
- (Post Office) Returns undeliverable check or MediPlan Card to Comptroller's Office.
- (Comptroller) Voids the check or MediPlan Card.
- (Comptroller) Prepares:
- 2 copies of PA-5, Notice of Returned Warrant, for each voided check; or
- HFS 2672, Notice of Returned Pass Through Warrant, for each voided child support pass through check; or
- (Comptroller) Sends forms to the Bureau of Fiscal Operations.
- (BFO) Forwards forms to the Family Community Resource Center.
- Sends the computer listing called "Undeliverable Medical Eligibility Cards" to the FCRC.
- (FCRC) Verify why the check or MediPlan Card could not be delivered.
- Correct HFS 552 if the return was because of incorrect information.
- Attach the Comptroller form used to void the check or MediPlan Card to the HFS 552, if reissuing benefits.
- Submit HFS 552, with change of address, promptly to the Local Warrant Unit so future benefits will be delivered to the correct address.
- (FCRC) Indicate on HFS 2672 if benefits are not being replaced.
- Return HFS 2672 to Springfield Warrant Unit.
If the client cannot be located or is no longer eligible:
- (FCRC) Cancel the case.
NOTE: Clients stay eligible for child support pass through even if they are no longer eligible for cash.
- (System) Sends HFS 157C, Notice of Change, to the client's last known address.