This code lists for categories 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, and 96. This code will also list for 94 cases that contain a U or W in the first position of the basic number or that have a B in Item 78. This code will not select for category 94 or 96 if there is an H in Item 78.
This code identifies a case that contains a person who does not have a Social Security Number (SSN) that has been recorded in Item 60 of Form 552.
- If known, enter the person's SSN in Item 60 on Form 552.
- If the person has no SSN and there is no proof that an application for an SSN has been made, refer the person to the local SSA office (see WAG 25-04-01) to complete the application process.
- A noncitizen receiving emergency medical assistance is not required to apply for an SSN. Enter a 36 in Item 74 of Form 552 for them.
- If the customer has provided proof that an application for an SSN has been made and the number has not been received, no further action is required.
- Record the action taken on Form 514.
- When the missing SSN is entered in Item 60 on Form 552, the case no longer appears on the PAL as S.