WAG 18-03-12: Changing Between Categories 04 and 06 or 94 and 96

PM 18-03-12.

  1. (Client) Reports change that requires a change in category (or FCRC discovers change through another source).
  2. (FCRC) Obtain needed forms and proofs. If needed, send Instructions to Recipient (Form 1721) to request items.
    1. If a parent is added who has not signed the application in the record, have them sign a Request for Assistance for Additional Family Member (Form 243) Delete text.
    2. If a parent reports they are unable to work, obtain Request for Status Review (Form 2826) and Medical Evaluation (Forms 183A and 183B) (see WAG 03-13-02-b).
    3. If the change requires a change of payee, see WAG 16-01-01.
  3. (FCRC) Redetermine eligibility.
  4. (FCRC) Make changes on Form 552. Use TA 42 to change a case between 04 and 06 or 94 and 96. Persons may be either added to or deleted from the case (but not both) on the same TA 42 action.
  5. (FCRC) Review the case record and complete an ARS clearance (PF/F10). Determine if a cash or food stamp overpayment had been reported under the old category. If an overpayment had been reported under the old category, report the change to the Bureau of Collections (see WAG 23-04-01).
  6. (FCRC) Record the actions taken in the case record.