WAG 18-03-07: Adding Other Persons for TANF - Non-Filing Unit

PM 18-03-07

  1. (Client) Completes Request for Assistance for Additional Family Member (Form 243), to add a person not required to be included in the TANF unit.
  2. (FCRC) If all eligibility factors are met, start benefits for the adult from the date the signed Form 243 is received in the FCRC or the date of initial eligibility after the date of the written request (see PM 18-01-01 and WAG 18-01-01).
  3. (FCRC) After receiving Form 243:
    • inform the client that an application for an SSN is a condition of eligibility, and
    • obtain an SSN or refer the adult to the Social Security District Office via Form 3168.
  4. (FCRC) File Form 243 Deleted textin the case record.
  5. (FCRC) Complete ACID and ANQR inquiries for all persons other than newborns. Complete AWVS inquiry.
    1. If the person already has an RIN, enter that number in Item 60.
    2. If the person is active in another case, notify the staff person or agency of the request if necessary.
  6. (FCRC) See WAG 25-07-09 for procedures to complete Form 552.
    1. If the person is the RPY or Temporary Payee (TEMP) for the case, use TA 34/TAR 00 to delete the person as a payee only and add them to the case as a unit member.
    2. When adding a parent or stepparent to the unit, review and update the coding in Item 62 and Item 63 for the spouse and children in the case.
  7. (FCRC) Forward Form 552 to the Financial Unit
  8. (FCRC) Send Notice of Decision on Request For A Financial Assistance Increase/Special Authorization (Form 1934), to the client within 45 days from the receipt of completed Form 243.

    NOTE: If adding the adult indicates that benefits should be canceled see WAG 25-07-05-a. If it indicates that the category should be changed, see WAG 18-03-12. If eligibility continues, submit these changes as a separate action after authorizing the addition of the adult. 

  9. (FCRC) Record changes on Form 514.