WAG 25-01-02-b: Requesting a Change in Policy or Procedures

A written request is needed to change policy or procedures. A change might be creating new policy or procedures and/or revising current policy or procedures. The change is made and issued by one or more of the following documents:

  • Manual Release
  • Client Notice
  • Official Memorandum
  • Brochure
  • Form

Use the Request for Change in Policy and/or Procedures (Form 2626) to request the change. The form should include the following information:

  • Outline or description of the request.
  • Reason for the request.
  • Copies of any supporting information, decision papers, working drafts, inter-office memos.
  • Requested effective date.
  • Information about any computer changes that will be needed.
  • Information about any new forms or changes in forms that will be needed.
  • Information about how the change will impact DHS or HFS, field staff, fiscal considerations, and/or clients.
  • Name and information of a contact person.

Form 2626 must be signed by the appropriate executive staff member, Regional Administrator, or Bureau Chief.