DDD Communication October 7, 2022
PUBLIC COMMENT REMINDERS
Please be aware that there are currently three opportunities to submit public comments to the Department of Healthcare and Family Services. Please see below for each opportunity and the Public Notice that goes along with it.
* Adults with Developmental Disabilities Waiver Amendment: Public comments may be submitted through October 9, 2022
* Children's Residential Waiver Amendment: Public comments may be submitted through October 21, 2022
* Draft Final Statewide Transition Plan: Public comments may be submitted through October 30, 2022
PERSON-CENTERED PLANNING DOCUMENTS
The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) understands that many people are having trouble opening the updated PCP documents. The documents can be viewed on the Person Centered Planning Process for Medicaid Waiver Services webpage. If, when opening the documents, you receive a message that says, "Please wait…", you will need to save the document directly to your computer and then it will open from your local files. Additionally, we understand that there is an issue with the Autonomy and Independence critical life area of the Personal Plan. ISCs should only complete one of the duplicate sections called "List important strengths, preferences and needs that apply in this area". The other duplicated boxes can be left blank. We are working to correct this issue.
JOIN THE DDD FOR UPCOMING WEBINARS, TRAININGS AND OFFICE HOURS
Please see below upcoming webinars, trainings and office hours.
* October 11, 2022, 10-11am: HCBS Settings Rule Office Hours (Choice of supports and who provides them (5))
* October 11, 2022, 1-2pm: Person-Centered Planning Office Hours
* October 13, 2022, 10-11am: HCBS Settings Rule Office Hours (Residential Agreements (9))
* October 18, 2022, 10-11am: HCBS Settings Rule Office Hours (Modifications (11))
* October 19, 2022, 1-3pm: CILA Rate Sheet Overview
* October 24, 2022, 1-2:30pm: Health Risk Screening Tool - How to Run Reports to Ensure Compliance
* October 26, 11am-12pm: Rule 116 Policies and Procedures Office Hours (Please bring questions about Rule 116 policies)
* October 26, 1-3pm: Approaches to Increasing Independence within Transportation for People with Intellectual Disabilities
* October 27, 1-2pm: Person-Centered Planning Quarterly Webinar
* November 9, 1-3pm: Improving Direct Support Professional Retention within Home and Community-Based Services
* November 14, 2022, 11:00am-12:30pm: Health Risk Screening Tool - How to Run Reports to Ensure Compliance
* November 15, 2022, 1-2pm: Person-Centered Planning Office Hours
* December 13, 2022, 1-2pm: Person-Centered Planning Office Hours
The information contained herein should not be considered a substitute for the appropriate official statutes, rules, regulations, or the advice of legal counsel.
To request to be added to our email database, or to update your contact and service information, please complete our Contact Survey.
Information provided will help us to better tailor communications to you in the future.