Dear Home Service Program (HSP) Customers and Individual Providers (IPs),
HSP is writing to share important information about Electronic Visit Verification (EVV), including a new feature in the EVV Portal. In addition, HSP is reinstating an updated Overtime Policy with a 60-hour work week maximum. More information on both updates as well as a reminder about timesheets submission can be found below.
EVV Portal Update
In April 2021, HSP launched a new EVV Portal that offers Individual Providers (IP) and Customers optional read-only access to view and print IP visits. Information on how to opt-in to the EVV Portal was provided in an advance notification and can be found at the DRS HSP EVV Portal webpage.
On October 1, 2021, HSP will add a new Customer feature to the EVV portal. Customers will be able to view a new section of the portal titled "Visit Maintenance". This section of the EVV Portal gives Customers the option to add, edit, and confirm their IP's visits. The Visit Maintenance section does not replace the requirement for IPs to submit a signed paper timesheet. In addition, final approval of the IP's visits for the purpose of payment processing will be done by the local DRS office based on a review of the Customer approved timesheets.
Customers who have already opted-in and gained access to the EVV Portal will use their existing credentials to access the new features and do not need to opt-in again. Customers who have not signed up for the optional EVV Portal and would like to do so must follow the instructions listed on the DRS HSP EVV Portal webpage. Here you will watch the mandatory training video and follow instructions to complete and submit the opt-in form. Submission of the opt-in form begins the process of creating your user account. Sandata, which oversees the EVV Portal, will send your login credentials to the email you entered in the opt-in form. Please allow 7 to 10 days to receive your EVV Portal login credentials.
HSP will continue to conduct optional online Q&A sessions for both Customer and IPs to answer all of your questions regarding usage of the EVV portal. Information on upcoming WebEx Q & A sessions, as well as a video training is published on the DHS website listed above. IP's and Customers must watch the training video before attending the Q&A training session.
If you have any questions, please contact your local DRS office, send a detailed email to DHS.EVV@Illinois.gov, or contact the EVV Help Line at 1-888-713-5139 / 1-888-575-0531 (TTY).
IPs are still required to submit a timesheet to the local office for each pay period they work. More information on timesheets can be found on the next page.
On 9/22/20, Customers and IPs were asked to begin submitting current timesheets to the local office for processing. Timesheets should be submitted by the timesheet due date as listed on the "HSP Individual Provider Payroll Schedule" found at www.DRS.Illinois.gov/HSP/Timesheets.
Additional Guidelines for Submission of Timesheets
- Timesheets must be complete and legible and must include the signatures of both the Customer and IP.
- Original timesheets are not required. Timesheets may be scanned, faxed, photocopied, or similarly reproduced if the copy is of the original document.
- Signatures may be original handwritten, electronically reproduced or digitally signed.
- IPs may use the standard 3-ply carbon timesheets, photocopy of the 3-ply carbon timesheet, or the electronic PDF version found on the DHS Website at www.DRS.Illinois.gov/HSP/Timesheets or by searching "HSP Timesheet" online.
- Timesheets may be submitted through any of the HSP approved methods: regular mail, email, fax, or drop boxes located at your local DRS office.
HSP Overtime Policy Update
In early 2020, the Department of Human Services and SEIU Healthcare Home Care Workers Union came to a new agreement on the Overtime policy. However, due to the pandemic, DHS has not strictly enforced the new overtime policy. Effective November 1, 2021, HSP will follow the language established in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Key points for the HSP Overtime Policy:
- Individual Providers (IP) who work more than forty (40) hours per work week shall be paid at time and one half the hourly rate up to a maximum of sixty (60) hours per work week.
- IPs will not be allowed to work more than 60 hours per work week unless the Customer has been approved for an Overtime Exception.
- Unauthorized use of overtime will result in written notification to the Customer and IP of an overtime occurrence. In a rolling 24-month period, every 4th occurrence may result in a 3-month suspension and twelve occurrences may result in an IP's permanent ineligibility for funding from HSP.
- The Customer must apply and be approved for an Overtime Exception to allow an IP to work over 60 hours in a work week. Overtime Exception request forms can be found on the DHS website or through the local DRS office beginning on October 1st, 2021.
Overtime versus Over Hours
Regardless of whether an Overtime exception is granted, Customers cannot exceed their monthly Service Plan hours and are not to authorize the Individual Provider to work more than the number of hours listed on the Service Plan.
Additional information on the Overtime Policy and Occurrence Notification and Action can be found on the DHS website at www.DRS.Illinois.gov/HSP/OT beginning October 1st, 2021.
The Home Services Program
*Communication was distributed to Customers and IPs on 9/28/2021.