Child Care Restoration Grant
CCRG 2021 Round Two Opt-In and New Applications
The Child Care Restoration Grants (CCRG) 2021 are designed to be meaningful financial supports to help the early childhood infrastructure weather the storm brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate you and the work you have done. The CCRG program is funded through federal stabilization dollars, and as those funding packages have changed since the start of the pandemic, we have modified and adjusted the grant program and reporting requirements as needed. Illinois continues to lead the nation in the direct supports provided to the childcare workforce and we are proud of the investments we have made during the pandemic.
Round Two Applications are now open!
Applications and opt-ins opened on Wednesday, May 26, 2021, and will be available for two weeks. Applications and opt-ins will close on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
Child Care Restoration Grants are now available for round two funding to cover expenses in April, May, and June of 2021. Programs that have not applied previously, or those that were found ineligible in past rounds can apply by completing a new application. Programs that are currently receiving CCRG can opt-in.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Licensed Child Care Centers, Licensed Family Child Care Homes and Group Family Child Care Homes
- Must be open and caring for children by June 15, 2021.
- Must be providing full-time care defined as a program that is open and offering at least eight consecutive hours of care per day, five days per week.
- Must have at least 25% of the child care program's revenue received from private pay tuition, other private funding, and/or IDHS Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP).
License-Exempt Child Care Centers and Out of School Time (OST) Providers
- Program must be open and caring for children by June 15, 2021.
- Must be providing full-time care defined as a license exempt program offering care 5 days per week.
- Must have at least 25% of the license exempt program's revenue received from private pay tuition, other private funding, and/or CCAP funding.
- Government entities are not eligible to apply.
- Both non-profit and for-profit providers are eligible to apply.
Apply for a Child Care Restoration Grant on the Illinois Gateways to Opportunity website