The deadline to request Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) through this program was January 20, 2021. Please contact DHS.PPE@Illinois.gov with any questions.
Who is eligible to order PPE through IDHS?
- All IDHS-funded community provider organizations are eligible to order PPE while supplies last.
I am a non-IDHS funded organization. Do I qualify to receive PPE?
- Due to federal funding guidelines, this distribution is only available for health and human service providers who receive funding from the Illinois Department of Human Services.
- You may want to contact your local public health agency to see if they are aware of locally- available supplies of PPE.
How will IDHS determine which requests to fill?
- IDHS is committed to fulfilling all requests for PPE to the best of our ability.
- IDHS will plan to fill all requests to eligible organizations while supplies last.
- IDHS will best determine allocation of PPE based on +the type of setting in which your organization operates.
How is IDHS determining quantities to send to organizations?
- IDHS is determining quantities based on the information provided on your survey regarding staffing and needs. , IDHS will best determine allocation of PPE based on +the type of setting in which your organization operates.
- IDHS will communicate regarding much PPE you can expect prior to shipment.
How is IDHS ensuring PPE is equitably distributed to communities or organizations who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19?
- We are reviewing multiple factors to ensure equitable distribution of PPE, including the prevalence of COVID-19 within the organization's IDHS Region as well as the extentto which the organization serves populations who are disproportionately impacted.
With whom can we share IDHS-allocated PPE?
- IDHS-allocated PPE is solely intended to support IDHS-funded organizations' services through use by staff and customers.
How long will this program go on?
- The program will continue until IDHS has exhausted its Community PPE supply. We will communicate with all recipients when PPE will no longer be distributed.
Process and Communication
How will I know if my request is going to be filled?
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 2-3 weeks after you submit the initial survey, confirming that it will be filled and how much PPE you will receive. After that time, you can expect to receive PPE monthly unless notified otherwise.
When should I expect delivery of my PPE?
- You should expect delivery of PPE 3-4 weeks after you submit your initial survey and monthly thereafter. The shipping service (currently UPS) will send an email to the email address you provided with tracking information.
Who do I contact if I am having trouble placing my request, need to make changes to my request, etc.?