Thank you for all you have done, and will continue to do, during the COVID-19 pandemic to keep your residents and clients healthy and safe. We appreciate your efforts.
As you may be aware, the Appendix K, which governs our temporary policy and rate amendments to our waiver program that are currently in effect, is set to expire on January 26, 2021. Yesterday, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services released guidance that included information on Appendix K extensions. We are still reviewing that guidance and will update you as we work with HFS to determine next steps. In the meantime, this clarification is necessary prior to communicating any extension of policies or rates past January 26, 2021.
With that being said, the Division is sending official notification of the following:
- The 5% rate increase to the 60D Community Integrated Living Arrangements (CILA) will continue through January 26, 2021.
- The 15% rate increase for CDS providers (31U/31C) will continue through January 26, 2021.
- Note: rate increases approved in the FY 21 budget, effective January 1, 2021, have already been programmed in our system and will be reflected in your rates.
- All policy amendments will be maintained through January 26, 2021.
- At Home Day Program (37U) will continue to be available, without prior approval, for all CILA residents through June 30, 2021.
Home-Based Support Service program participants should update monthly budgets to reflect the change in SSI and updated rates. An updated rates table will be posted by January 15, 2021.
If you have any questions, please reach out. Thank you for all you are doing.
Director, Division of Developmental Disabilities