PM 01-07-01: What May Be Appealed

An appeal may be filed by any person (or their representative) who has applied for or receives benefits from DHS and/or HFS. Any Family Community Resource Center or central office actions, inactions, decisions, determinations, response to a report form, or any issue of policy that a person disagrees with may be appealed.

This includes decisions and actions of Department agents, such as a CCR&R, Site-administered Child Care Provider, or Work & Training contractor.

For AABD cases, if the Social Security Administration (SSA) finds a person not blind or not disabled, they must file their appeal with SSA. If the client appeals SSA's finding, continue AABD benefits during SSA's appeal process. Accept the ruling of the Administrative Law Judge as final.