IES Phase 2 Process
- (FCRC) Approves or denies the application through the Integrated Eligibility System (IES).
- (FCRC) Using IES, generates and mails form IL444 0360C Notice of Decision:
- Centrally if the worker runs eligibility and certifies case or
- Locally by:
- running eligibility and certifying the case;
- selecting the Correspondence module in Left Navigation: and
- clicking the Local Print button.
- (IES) Sends form IL444-360C Notice of Decision the day after the nightly batch job.
- (FCRC) Generates and mails form IL444-360C Notice of Decision if local print is chosen.
- (FCRC) Reprints notices using the correspondence module in left navigation in IES.
Features of Systematically Generated Form IL444-0360C Notice of Decision
The IL444-360C Notice Of Decision has 5 sections:
- Summary Section provides information on:
- notice date;
- date of application or date of change;
- What action is being taken;
- the policy citation for the action;
- information on how to use their LINK card (if applicable), and
- information on how to use Manage My Case in ABE.
- SNAP Section provides information on:
- Person(s) eligible for SNAP;
- SNAP benefit type and amount(s);
- availability date of SNAP benefits;
- calculation of benefits;
- SNAP Denial, Reason and Policy Citation;
- SNAP sanction information (if applicable); and
- individual disqualification information (if applicable).
- Cash Section - see WAG 01-06-02-a.
- Medical Section - see WAG 01-06-02-b.
- Additional Information Section provides information on:
- SNAP change reporting requirements;
- SNAP Mid-Point reporting requirements;
- accessing and using IL444-1978 Change Report Form;
- right to a Fair Hearing (Appeal);
- information on an appeal for a denied or approved SNAP application;
- continuing benefits during an appeal; and
- approved representative information.
IES Phase 1 Process
- (FCRC) At Intake, approves or denies the application through the Integrated Eligibility System (IES).
- (IES) Sends (or syncs) the approval or denial date from IES to the Client Data Base (CDB).
- (CDB) Within 2 workdays of when the application is approved or denied, issues IL444-360C Notice of Decision.
Legacy System Process (ACM and IPACS)
For SNAP approvals and denials in ACM or IPACS, enter one of the following codes to identify whether a notice is centrally or locally sent:
00 - Cash or Medical with SNAP (Send both centrally)
Form 360C centrally mailed for both the SNAP and cash or Medical decision.
80 - Medical with SNAP (Suppress both)
Suppress the central notice for both the SNAP and Medical decision.
Complete and send the correct pages and sections of the locally issued notice, Form 360 series, for the SNAP decision. Complete and send the correct notice(s) for the Medical decision.
90 - Cash with SNAP (Suppress both forms)
Suppress the Central Notice for both the SNAP and Cash decision. Complete and send the correct pages and sections of the locally issued notice, Form 360 series, for the Cash and SNAP decision.
91 - Cash or Medical with SNAP (Send Cash or Medical, suppress SNAP)
Form 360C centrally mailed for the Cash or Medical decision. Complete and send the correct pages and sections of the Form 360 series for the SNAP decision.
92 - Cash or Medical with SNAP (Send SNAP, suppress Cash or Medical)
Form 360C centrally mailed for the SNAP decision and suppress the Cash or Medical form. Send the correct Cash or Medical notice.
NOTE: Enter code 92 in Item 39 when approving a Medical case as a spenddown and sending the SNAP notice centrally.
When processing SNAP approvals via IPACS, use Item 39 codes as follows:
- SNAP Only (Category 08) - codes 00 or 91;
- Cash - code 90; and
- Medical - codes 00, 80, 91, or 92.
AABD Cash and RRA approvals must be processed through IPACS. Enter 00, 90, 91, and 92 for AABD Cash/SNAP and RRA Cash/SNAP approvals through IPACS. For RRA Medical/SNAP approvals through IPACS, enter 00, 80, 91, or 92 in Item 39.
When the central notice is suppressed, process the manual Form 360 series as follows:
- Complete and send the first page (Form 360D) and the appeals rights page (Form 360P) along with any pages and sections of the Form 360 series that apply to the program(s) for which a determination was made. On Form 360D always complete:
- Date of Notice;
- Family Community Resource Center name, address, and telephone number; and
- Date of application.
- Prepare 2 copies of each page of the Form 360 series and mail the original to applicant within 30 days of date of application.
- File copies of the Form 360 series pages in SNAP case record or SNAP section of SNAP payee's Cash or Medical case record.