State of Illinois
Department of Human Services
Bnft App for Illinois eWIC
Downloading the Bnft app
To download the Bnft app, search BNFT from the App Store® or Google Play.
The Bnft app has the following features available:
- Real time available benefit
- PIN selection or change
- Store locator
- Push notifications
- Barcode scanner
- Transaction history
- Report card as lost, damaged or stolen
Redeeming Your Benefits
The Available Balance page provides you with the remaining benefits by category/subcategory for the current benefit period.
Enter your zip code to locate the nearest WIC approved vendor location. You must have your location services turned on to use this feature.
You can use the barcode scanner in store to locate eligible food items.
Align the barcode in the target area as shown. Once the UPC is captured, the user will be notified if the product is eligible or not.
If the barcode cannot be captured by the scanner, the user can enter the code manually.
If you have already registered on www.mybnft.com, you can use the same login email and password. If not, please follow the steps below:
- Select Sign up.
- Enter the card number that is being registered.
- Enter the cardholder's date of birth. (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Enter the cardholder's ZIP code.
- Enter a valid email, the individual registering must have access to this email.
- Create a password with the following criteria:
- Minimum six characters
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number
- Confirm the password.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete sign up.
- Accept push notifications.
Managing Your Account
Add New Accounts
You can click the navigation button to access your profile, settings, link multiple Illinois eWIC cards if you're managing more than one WIC family as well as request support.
On the transaction history page, you can view details of your previous transactions.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
IDHS 4466 (N-02-20) WIC BNFT APP Brochure
Printed by the Authority of the State of Illinois. 100,000 copies PO#20-1089