Illinois Call4Calm Text Line
If you or a loved one are struggling with stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic and need emotional support, text TALK to 552020 for English or HABLAR for Spanish (Message and Data Rates May Apply. See Terms & Conditions of Use). This service is free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. People seeking assistance will remain anonymous and will provide only their first name and zip code, which enables the service to link you to a counselor in your area who is knowledgeable about available local resources.
Illinois Warm Line
If you or one of you family members has mental health and/or substance use challenges and would like to receive support by phone, call the Illinois Warm Line at 866-359-7953. Wellness Support Specialists are professionals who have experienced mental health and/or substance use recovery in their own lives. They are trained in recovery support, mentoring, and advocacy and are ready to listen and support you. The Warm Line is not a crisis hotline, but is a source of support as you recover or help a family member to recover.
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm except holidays
National Suicide Prevention Hotline (24 hour)
If you or a loved one are experiencing a mental health crisis, you may call the 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at: 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255). Caring staff will connect you with the closest possible crisis center in your area.
Crisis Text Line
The Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, 24-hours a day. Text HELLO to: 741741. Trained crisis counselors will respond and help you.
CARES Line (24 hour)
If your child is a risk to themselves or others, having a mental health crisis, or if you would like a referral to services for children, youth, and families, call the 24 hour Crisis and Referral Entry Services (CARES) line to talk to a mental health professional. Call: 1 (800) 345-9049 TTY: 1 (773) 523-4504
Illinois Helpline for Opioids & Other Substances
If you or someone you know is suffering from an opioid use disorder or other substance use disorders, call the Illinois Helpline for Opioids and Other Substances at 1-833-2FINDHELP to speak with a trained professional for support and advice or to be directed to customized resources or visit HelplineIL.org.
We Know The Feeling (Problem Gambling)
If you or someone you know is suffering from gambling disorder, call 1.800.GAMBLER, text ILGAMB TO 53342, or visit weknowthefeeling.org to be connected to resources and treatment programs.
- National Helpline | SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Free and confidential treatment referral and information service available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. 1-800-622-4357 (HELP)
- National Runaway Safeline
- This 24-hour 7 day a week national Safeline is for youth at risk of running away or already have and are looking for help. 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or text: 66008
- Veteran's Crisis Line:
- To reach caring, qualified responders within the Department of Veterans Affairs connect with the Veterans Crisis Line. Many of them are Veterans themselves. This free support is confidential, available 24/7, and serves all veterans, service members, National Guard and Reserve, and their families and friends.
- Call 1-800-273-8255 or Text: 838255, Support for deaf and hard of hearing: 1-800-799-4889
- Online Chat is Available: https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/